At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for a Tax Manager for our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, Utah, who will assist our VP
of Tax in both domestic and international tax related issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise Company tax compliance including Corporate income, sales and use and
- Establish work plans and processes relating to tax issues ensuring deadlines and necessary filings are
- Preparation of the ASC 740 Financial Reporting for Income Taxes (Provision) on a quarterly and
- annual basis, including: calculating the effective tax rate, calculating the tax provision and
- DTAs/DTLs, evaluating the appropriateness of valuation allowances, and creating the provision
- journal entries
- Conduct research and planning according to current domestic and international tax laws, and work
- with the VP of Tax on advising senior management and other Company personnel on the tax impact
- of current and proposed company activities and transactions
- Consult with other financial and accounting team members to identify and solve developing
- corporate tax issues
- Stays abreast of US Internal Revenue Code and State Tax Regulation changes and procedures
- Coordinate domestic and international tax compliance projects with outside tax preparers, advisors,
- and reviewers to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of tax compliance obligations
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in accounting or related field
- CPA License preferred
- 4-6 years public accounting or corporate tax experience
- Possesses proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong tax research, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work across company departments
- Possesses analytical, project management, and prioritization skills
- Familiar with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically those relating to tax reporting
- Experience in preparation of Form 1120 and corresponding multistate filings
- Experience with ASC 740 Provision for Income Taxes
- Understanding of sales and use tax issues
- Basic understanding of VAT/GST is a plus
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.