At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a Tax Manager, you will report to the Sr. Tax Director and will collaborate with key departments across the organization, including Accounting, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Regulatory Compliance and Legal. We are looking for a candidate with a strong tax technical foundation and a knack for mentoring teams. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing, fast paced tax team that is supporting the business growth by working on innovative tax projects.
- Help with legal and tax research related to different products; prepare memorandums; maintain and communicate knowledge of past, present, and potential future indirect tax laws, guidance, and court decisions that are applicable to Lyft’s business.
- Partner with FP&A and provide the indirect tax forecast
- Provide analysis on a variety of indirect tax inquiries from the business.
- Lead the implementation of processes.
- Support indirect tax planning, expansion, and potential acquisitions.
- Help with aspects of indirect tax compliance, which includes the management of the different source data, review the workpapers prepared internally or by a third-party provider, ensure that all activities occur and are completed.
- Review monthly indirect tax accruals, journal entries and reconciliations for key accounts for SOX control purposes.
- Lead the overall ASC 450-20 process every quarter (e.g., review of the reserve positions, discuss new positions, prepare memos for review by Tax and Corporate management).
- Support tax leadership in establishing and refining tax policies, processes, and system workflows.
- Lead educational sessions on developments in tax legislation and case law.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field. CPA, LLM or Master’s in Tax strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of sales/use/indirect tax experience; experience at Big 4 preferred.
- You have a detailed understanding of common principles of US indirect tax and ability to apply them to the business
- Strong multi-state tax technical knowledge; Canada HST/GST a plus
- Experience with project, people management and organization skills.
- Experience managing tight deadlines on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment for when to team with others to accomplish objectives and deadlines, as well as mentor staff
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously to improve processes and solve problems.
- A great sense of accuracy and problem-resolution skills.
- Ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices, required.
- Demonstrated passion and experience delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Can analyze all sides of an argument, document tax positions for our auditors, and ensure that the proper checks and balances are in place to ensure all aspects have been considered.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role is work-from-anywhere in the U.S., excluding U.S. territories.
The expected range of pay for this position in the US is $122,510 - $166,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.