We’re Elliott Davis, a business solutions firm providing tax, assurance, and consulting services to numerous industries, businesses, and individuals. We work daily to make a positive impact on our customers, our people, and our communities. This mission guides everything we do, from our work to our firm culture and our focus on service and volunteerism.
Our Tax department offers a breadth of knowledge across all aspects of tax consulting and preparation. We partner with our customers to help them navigate the ever-evolving tax landscape and reach their financial objectives, while also creating opportunities for additional value. Our team is innovative and forward-thinking while remaining attuned to the unique needs of each customer.
At Elliott Davis, our most important investment is in our people. We invite you to find out more about becoming part of our team.
The Tax Support Administrator provides support to the Tax Practice by directing and managing workflow. The Tax Support Administrator serves as an advocate for a centralized work approach to encourage process consistency, promote communication, and ensure quality. As a member of the Tax Practice Group, professional presence is expected and adherence to the firm’s mission, vision, and values is critical to the practice group’s success.
- Collaborate with other Tax Support team members to share routine tasks and general Practice responsibilities
- Develop an understanding and proficiency in using firm applications and software including SurePrep, STAR, Workflow, CCH Axcess, Caseware, iChannel, Microsoft Applications, etc.
- Develop an understanding of all applicable federal, state, and local tax returns filing requirements, as well as compliance deadlines and due dates
- Work closely with Tax Support Administrator Manager(s) and Tax Practice Group Leaders to receive timely feedback to ensure quality service and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Build and develop strong working relationships with team members to understand and meet workflow expectations
- Work cooperatively and effectively cross-train other team members to assist with backup duties or other office needs (such as back-up reception coverage, distribute mail, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Performs various tax related functions for the Practice on a firm wide level, including but not limited to:
- Scan and organize client workpapers for tax preparation
- Prepare, assemble, print, and mail or electronically transmit client organizers and client tax returns
- Perform specialized tasks such as scanning, copying, and archiving, as requested
- Assist with the coordination, preparation, and delivery of engagement letters
- Movement and tracking of Workflow tasks including scheduling, assignment, and tax processing
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma required, with some college or equivalent experience preferred
- Attention to quality, with an eye for accuracy and detail
- Exceptional proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work well independently
- Strong team player
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office required
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing need of the organization.
Elliott Davis, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This role is US-based only. While all candidates will be considered, candidates living in or around the following geographies are highly encouraged to apply: Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston, SC; Charlotte and Raleigh, NC; Augusta, GA; and Chattanooga and Nashville, TN.
Notice to 3rd Party Recruiters
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies regarding unsolicited resumes or candidate submissions without prior express written approval. Resumes submitted or candidates referred to any employee of Elliott Davis by any external recruiter or recruitment agency by any means (including but not limited to via Internet, e-mail, fax, U.S. mail, and/or verbal communications) without a properly executed written contract for a specified position by an authorized member of the Talent Acquisition team become the property of Elliott Davis. Elliott Davis will not be responsible for, or owe any fees associated with, referrals of those candidates and/or for submission of any information, including resumes, associated with individuals.
Please contact the Elliott Davis Talent team to initiate the process to become an agency partner at: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Agency Partner Request