Developer in Residence for the Web Development Immersive Program
In this life-changing educational experience, students leave with the skills and mindsets to take on new high impact careers as web developers. We are looking for Developers in Residence to serve as integral parts of this transformation through being a leader in General Assembly’s Web Development Immersive courses. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Guide students through a journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered developers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into an actual web application
- Teach select modules in your area of expertise
- Work with other Developers in Residence to build products to aid the development of the WDI program
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of web developers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have 0-1 years of web development experience.
- You have previous web development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support students and the lead instructors eight hours a day, five days a week, for 12 weeks
- Work closely with other teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary.
Interested? We hope so. Send us a resume and a friendly email sharing why you’d be excited to teach this course to [email protected]