MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
Team Lead developer (Black-Ops squad)
We are looking for a dynamic Team Lead developer to join our Black-Ops squad which was newly formed in Q1’2021 !
It is a tactical response team formed of six hand-picked engineers with complementary skills, their mission is:
- SCOUT: Actively monitor the platform performance and costs, create dashboard, report situation.
- MEDIC: Preserve the platform integrity, fixing defects as prioritized by the product-owner.
- CONQUER: Augment platform by implementing value-inducing features as identified by business.
- EXTRACT: Integrate functional components from the incubator teams into the main product.
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 6 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Team Lead developer who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
What your day to day looks like:
- Lead, coach and mentor team members. Run performance appraisal.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one with squad members.
- Work hand-in-hand with the PO, and run the squad Jira board, and ceremonies
- Champion MavTek code development principles within the squad
- Align teams with business priorities, upstream reporting.
LEAD: Proven team leadership skills in web based software development.
DRIVE: Ability to be firm and empathic, high emotional maturity.
ALIGN: Strong communication skills, ability to align team, upper management, and business.
FOCUS: Organized, pays attention to details, sees the big picture. Can handle grey zones. Does not give up easily.
Are you right for the role?
+7 years of experience in software development
Prior experience in deploying web apps in production
Experience with high trafficked websites (an asset)
Strong AGILE methodology knowledge (stand ups, backlog grooming, etc)
Kaban methodology knowledge
Knowledge of monolith applications
Knowledge of containers technologies (i.e. Docker)
Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS - An asset)
What’s in it for you?
- Work alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
- Competitive salary & vacation packages
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch daily prepared by our in-house chef
- Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
- Generous referral program
- Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
- Beautiful office right near Namur metro
You’ll be Joining:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you're inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.