At iwoca, we’re here to expand possibilities for small businesses by making financing fair and flexible. We blend the best of humans and technology to deliver a service that customers love.
Since 2012, we've lent over £600 million to over 22,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We’re looking for a Tech Business Analyst to help us improve our systems and processes in support of continued high growth in Germany. The role sits at the crossroads between data analytics and business operations and you’ll be responsible for facilitating collaboration between both teams. You can expect to be working across a range of diverse projects involving the analysis of data, customer behaviour and internal processes to provide actionable insights and drive improvements.
- Help our operational teams to extract & analyse performance data, identify possible improvements, develop suggestions on how to deliver them and then support their implementation.
- Work closely with the team of Product Managers to ‘translate’ business needs, provide insightful data-driven recommendations and help prioritise resource allocation
- Develop a strong relationship with the developers, analysts and the business. You’re a key facilitator across these teams and building constructive relationships is a key success driver for this role.
- Create project backlogs and prioritise tasks based on business value, ensuring that the team is working on what will have the most impact.
- Manage the roll-out of new and updated functionality to the business, writing training materials/release notes and ensuring we drive utilisation while minimising disruption
- Have a 2:1 or above in a from a leading university or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills and interest. You want your decisions to be data driven and you are able to identify which data you will need. You also show interest in statistics and how the data can be used to predict future events.
- Highly organised and proactive, with experience working with or strong interest in Agile principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, write clearly and explain technical issues to those without a technical background
- Ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems / challenges and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Great at managing stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the road-map, etc.) and able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams.
- Fluent English and conversational German is essential
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance