Arrival is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots within our microfactories globally. We are recognised by LinkedIn as 2020’s number 1 start-up in the UK for as well as being one the world’s newest Unicorns with a £5 billion valuation.
In Arrival Robotics we create robotic industrial factory which will be able to accept and deliver any new product's design or configuration in real time without changing the whole manufacturing process.
Our factory's delivering processes are not rigidly defined, but are dynamically constructed by the operation control system depending on equipment that is free to perform operations in the moment. The external environment is constantly changing: equipment breaks down and comes back to life, we need to start new orders and cancel existing ones. Operation control system should respond to external changes and update the order fulfilment plan consistently. In addition, all elements of the system must accumulate knowledge and use it in the production process. We believe that this is how flexible manufacturing (you might know by 'industry 4.0') should look like.
Our team called Assembly Operations was created to integrate process of flexible manufacturing into Arrival products manufacturing. Right now we are searching for a Technical Lead into this team.
- Analysis of how classic production looks like;
- Defining fields, which can be automated by flexible production;
- Making suggestions of how to make a move into flexible production form classical one;
- Development of the solution architecture of flexible production;
- Technical solutions development;
- Leading a development team.
- Expertise in development of distributed systems architecture;
- Expertise in microservice approach;
- Experience in leading a development team;
- C++ and Python (NumPy) knowledge;
- Knowledges on network architecture field.
It will be nice if you:
- Have linear algebra background;
- Know how to use Docker;
- Have experience with real time systems.
- To join highly scientific-intensive culture and take part in developing the unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly educational budget - we support your ambitions to learn;
- Relocation package - we would like to make your start as smooth as possible;
- Flexible working environment - choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission for Zero-emission solutions for cities. Human-centred, intelligent design - to revitalise public transportation!