Tradeshift, a fast growing startup with offices in San Francisco and Copenhagen, is starting a New York engineering office and building out the engineering team. The New York office will own Tradeshift’s application developer platform - we will develop, evolve and support the platform and enable our developer partners. We are looking for eclectic engineers who are passionate about building elegant solutions. We do not care too much about specific qualifications but we won't compromise on excellence. Here is the post about what this team will be working on and what types of skills are important for Tradeshift.
To learn more about Tradeshift, here is a series of blog posts about our engineering - mission, technology choices and different teams.
How this role fits into the team:
You will play a key part in the application platform team. Your role is technical most of the time, but also includes some managerial responsibilities - your goal is to ensure good team velocity and making sound technical decisions. Beyond that, you will be a key member of the larger business unit with the ability to influence key decisions.
You must have an eclectic mindset, be very good at architecting systems for extensibility, have experience with distributed systems and integrations with third party systems. We need someone who has managed teams before and has the tendency to make people around them better. These skills a since our goal is not just to create great technology.
You enjoy working with external developers and enjoy creating tools for developers, as well as documentation, even if that’s not the focus of your role.
As we described above, we do not care a whole lot about specific skills, but it would be difficult to ask someone to join Tradeshift if they were not an expert in a few of these areas.
- Platform Architecture and development
- Experience integrating with other systems
- Designing extensible systems
- Distributed Systems and Service Oriented Architecture
- API design and operations
- Front End Development, including node.js
- Backend Development — Java, Groovy, Scala, node.js
- Unit and functional test writing
- Experience operating production environments
- (Optional) — Docker, Consul, Terraform, Puppet
- Writing documentation
- Working with clients or partners- people with consulting backgrounds or who have worked with third party partners
- Creating developer samples and sample apps
- Training, light-weight such as webinars, etc.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Domain expertise in supply chain management and / or social networks
- Light-weight project management
What we Offer:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch and snacks provided daily from local NY eateries
- Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability
- Volunteer program
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more
This job has been filled or removed by Tradeshift.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Tech Lead job post.