We’re looking for a passionate Tech Lead to lead alongside the commercial founder of Prism, a new venture leveraging Web3 technology to create the future of work, starting with the freelancer economy. Freelancing is the future of work, but existing platforms (Upwork, Fiver) do not support the autonomous nature of freelancing – instead incumbents charge extractive fees, which causes churn that dilutes talent quality.
Prism is a decentralised platform where talent can grow their reputation and careers on a verified chain, earning token rewards for participation that generates value for all stakeholders.Prism has three components:
1) a wallet containing an individual's Prism work history (i.e. verified resume/CV), reputational score, and tokens for staking and trading,
2) a marketplace connecting talent with employers beyond the limits of small, word-of-mouth networks and
3) a community where talent can learn from each other and find support in the absence of a core team and/or HR structure.
The engine driving Prism is a tokenomic structure centred on recommendations & reviews (promoting quality over quantity), which rewards platform-building participation and enables industry-low fees.
Prism is backed by Founders Factory, which builds and funds startups together with exceptional entrepreneurs and the world's leading companies. We operate sector-focused accelerator programs and venture funds, investing in visionary founders at early stages. Since 2015, our 300 portfolio companies have raised $720mm follow on funding from some of the leading names in venture.
As part of the founding team, and the first in-house tech hire, you will be responsible for developing Prism’s technology, architecting and implementing the platform.
You will work closely with the founder, the Founder’s Factory team of hardware engineers and designers to create a seamless and user-friendly product. You will own the tech strategy and manage day-to-day engineering execution.
Looking ahead, you will be responsible for helping grow the team, managing budgets, timelines and setting up the technical capabilities of the business for growth.
You will have the following skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an innovative product in a tech startup environment
- Fluent with fullstack web development, with React/Node.js preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWSEntrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and willingness to work across a range of areas and grittiness to operate in a start-up environment
- Strong teamwork and a forward-thinking mindset to help drive the success of our rapidly growing startup
- Have a high degree of user empathy and actively seeks to test, learn and iterate based on user feedback
Bonus Points (You do not need to fit all of the points to apply!)
- Knowledgeable and passionate about web3, crypto, and the future of communities.
- Familiar with web3 frameworks and a solid grasp of modern UI libraries.
- Practical experience deploying smart contracts on the mainnets of major blockchains.
- Worked at a fast-growing start-up, ideally building products from zero-to-one.
What’s in it for you?
- As part of the founding team, a significant equity position in the business
- Competitive starting salary so we don’t have to worry about fundraising early on
- Autonomy to build & scale the product as YOU best see fit
- Hands-on operational support from a team of smart and passionate people from Founders Factory
- Unparalleled access to FF partners and wider network (for life!
- )A unique opportunity to build a business that will scale
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.