We’re looking to add a full-time Technical Lead to build an additional Scrum team and work closely with our offshore team, providing technical and architectural leadership to the team.
The ideal person would be ambitious, strong technically and a great communicator. You don't have to have been a Tech lead before, but you will have the foundations and potential to grow into the role.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the senior management team and product owner to solve real business problems in an agile and delivery-oriented way.
- Building, motivating and retaining the engineering team.
- Guiding and mentoring engineers.
- Being an advocate and expert for technical implementations.
- Implementing features, with a skilled, passionate and professional approach.
- Getting hands on with all aspects of the technology that supports LiveMore, including third party integrations and infrastructure.
- Python to write our application code.
- Docker and ECS to run our services.
- Django as our Web App framework.
- AWS for our infrastructure.
- AWS Athena, Apache Airflow, S3, Apache Spark for our Data platform
- You don't have to have been a Tech Lead before
- Managing various stakeholders and able to flex communication styles
- Competent Python developer and have experience with Django.
- Managing the engineering of scalable web applications, ideally within a start-up environment
- End to end delivery of technical projects.
- Managing performance and development of engineers
- Empathetic leadership style able to build strong, effective relationships
- Collaborative, and can provide a sense of shared Engineering vision across the dev team in order to build consensus and enable speedy execution.
- Have a strong focus on delivery and quality within a lean agile environment
- Product focussed
- Comfortability operating in ambiguity and a willingness to get stuck-in;
- Delivery focus, ability to work to very tight deadlines in an exciting and fast paced environment
- Competitive compensation (base + equity).
- An opportunity to lead an engineering team.
- A compelling mission, to simplify lending for an underserved segment of society; and
- An exceptional team, bringing diverse experience from the worlds of technology, strategy consulting, banking, private equity, hedge funds and credit.