We're rebuilding insurance. For good.
We're building a digital insurer of the future. We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We're trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we've got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are a team of 75, have 10s of thousands of customers, a 4.5* trustpilot and are backed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
This role is a unique opportunity for someone to make a real impact at Marshmallow. As the first person in the TechOps team, we’re looking for a keen problem solver who can not only provide technical support across the business, but also plan and implement strategic process improvements. Working within a fast growing Insurtech, you’ll be working with cloud native tech, optimising processes so that we remain safe, secure and compliant whilst moving as quickly as we can. As a company we’re growing fast, so you’ll need to work well under pressure and love the idea of no two days being the same.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
What you will achieve in your first 12 months at Marshmallow 🤔
- Initially your time will be split equally between dealing with ad-hoc queries and implementing strategic improvements and processes for the wider team. Eg:
- Reviewing and redesigning processes for IT onboarding and offboarding
- Supporting day to day IT queries around system access issues such as MFA & credential resets
- Administering and configuring key systems such as VPN’s along with password manager policies
- After your 4 month probationary period, we’ll be looking for you to dive deeper into our IT processes and begin to formulate a longer term strategy. Eg:
- Improve our MDM processes using Hexnode & Fleetsmith
- Assess and improve our device security posture with MalwareBytes Nebula
- Advanced GSuite configuration for SAML & OIDC
- Evaluate Identity Provider (IdP) solutions, such as Okta for a better SSO experience.
Who you are 🙋
- You’re a self starter: You will be the first person in TechOps, so will need to be confident working autonomously to build the team from the ground up
- You love variety: In this role you will need to take ownership of both day-to-day queries and longer term strategic improvements, managing your time effectively
- You’re a confident communicator: You will need to spend a lot of time communicating with people from across Marshmallow to really understand what the sticking points are and how we can fix them
- You’re a keen problem solver: You’re always looking for ways to improve processes to make them more automated and less error prone
- You’re a natural teacher : You love to share your knowledge with others and are more than comfortable providing training for anyone at the company, tech savvy or otherwise
Essential experience 🎓
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant role
- Experience providing technical support in a business environment
- A good understanding of macOS, and troubleshooting when things go wrong
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) software
- Experience with GSuite administration
- A basic understanding of APIs and some programming experience (eg scripting with bash) would be a plus!
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Budget to help you set up working from home 🕑
- Our process consists of an initial phone interview, followed by a remote interview with both our Head of People and our CTO
- Due to Covid-19, most of our team are currently working from home. We have a small office in Farringdon which can be used over the coming months in line with government guidelines.
- We will let you know if we are going to invite you to interview or not. However, we are a small team so cannot provide feedback on your application