In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
PolicyGenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $22 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Do you like being on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Do you get energy from building relationships? Do you enjoy influencing people and outcomes? We’re looking for an energized, confident, creative individual to join the PolicyGenius People team and report to the VP of People!
The People team is the anchor of PolicyGenius’ values and culture--and the Tech Recruiter role plays an integral part in building that foundation! We’re looking for someone who has an eye for talent, can evangelize our company, and help build a top-notch team. We’re looking for someone who aims to make the candidate experience just that… An experience, not merely a process. You will be responsible for partnering with leadership to manage the full life-cycle of the recruiting process (i.e. role development to sourcing to selecting to closing) primarily for our our engineering and product teams. You will also work alongside the VP of People on hiring strategy and initiatives that align with business objectives.
We’re an early team at an early stage of the company’s growth. As the first hire of your kind on the People team, you will get to play an integral role in developing PG’s people strategy and help to build some processes from the ground up!
- A natural people leader with gut instincts. Colleagues look to you for direction and feel supported by you because you are passionate about people, recruiting, and building a great work culture. You have a sixth sense when it comes to reading people.
- Able to take the wheel before being asked. You are a self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly motivated, highly process-driven with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great follow-through.
- Willing to go the extra mile. You are hyper-aware of surroundings with an energetic go-getter mentality and possess a “no job too big or small” attitude.
- Intrinsically curious. You are a creative thinker and innovative problem solver who is never not looking for ways to better what exists.
- Passionate about people. You believe in the impact of building a great culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep people engaged, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get us there.
- High-caliber. You are hyper-focused on quality of output. You maintain excellent written and communication skills. You consistently raise the bar on delivering a top-notch product.
- Nimble. You are a highly-productive, skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize while wearing many hats and juggling many balls. You are able to pivot quickly and on-the-fly.
- Dynamic. You are an inviting warmth to a nervous candidate, a reassuring confidante to a concerned hiring manager, and a charismatic champion for building up company culture.
- Own full cycle recruiting in a timely, consistent, and seamless way. You will source, screen, and set-up the interview process across our tech teams.
- Source passive candidates as if they were your biggest high school crush. Maintain a constant pipeline of rockstar candidates through consistent outreach and relationship-building.
- Find creative ways to build networks and enhance PolicyGenius’ employer brand.
- Develop action plans to map out PG’s hiring program to match scale. Continue to assess and iterate on the program design through feedback loops and data/metrics to glean learnings and improvements.
- Know your peeps. Understand your hiring team and your candidates by putting yourself in their shoes and crafting a personalized experience. Be one step ahead of hiring managers and leadership on hiring needs and processes.
- Partner with the VP of People on various people strategic initiatives as they relate to recruiting: such as employer branding, hiring strategy, referral program, etc.
- Lean in on other hiring needs outside of tech when needed/prioritized by the co-founders.
You must have...
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Ideally a minimum of 3-4 years of successful tech recruiting chops with a proven track record of success and breadth of experience. (Experience recruiting in-house and agency, and/or in startups, tech, or insurance is a plus.)
- A penchant for building relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
- Comfort in tailoring and executing an end-to-end recruitment process across a variety of positions with an arsenal of techniques and tools from which to pull.
- Passion for PolicyGenius’ mission and product.
- 1-2 years’ experience implementing creative sourcing strategies to bring in high-potential talent.
- Analytical, strategic, and software savviness.
- An understanding of how recruitment ties to business objectives and influences to success.
- Outstanding written communication, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- Self-awareness and openness to learn, push yourself, and grow.
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excitement about working at and growing with a fintech startup company.
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch.
- A self-starter mindset who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- High level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Working at PolicyGenius…
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, disability, & life insurance
- A brand-new, custom designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Any equipment you need to do your job
- Paid training and unlimited vacation
- Mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)