OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
This position will work with the Group Finance team on technical accounting, analysis of implementation of projects, new accounting standard, project requirement and lead the accounting change management function. This position reports to the Group Technical Controller
· Project managing initiatives of the business
· Knowledge of new technical legislation
· Technical Acumen focused on accounting interpretation
· Review new standards applicable to the business and assess its impact on businesses globally and implementation of the new requirements across jurisdictions
· Participate in IT development projects with techno functional expertise and functional lead implementation
· Implementation of IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16
· Roll out statutory compliances calendar across business and set of control environment to ensure they are completed timely
· Set up of Group Consolidation procedures, Group accounting policies and implementation
· Prepare the financial statements and review accounting and bookkeeping for various Group companies having foreign operations and ensure that these are updated regularly
· Review the bank statements
· Preparation of monthly MIS for various entities
· Review daily and weekly liquidity reporting and cash flow analysis
· Accounting for inter-company transactions including monthly reconciliation and resolutions
· Maintaining sufficient audit trails of backup documents. Liaise with the auditors and ensure that the audit is started and completed timely
· Analysis of expenses at a detailed level and preparing a summary report for management review
· Responding to queries of Foreign Controllers relating to the subject matter
Candidates should possess the following:
· Chartered Accountant is essential
· Around 5 to 6 years of accounting experience in a Big 4 focused on accounting
· Ability to work within stiff timelines
· Strong proficiency in MS-Office applications - Excel, Word & Outlook
· Advanced excel and typing skills
· Good written and oral communication skills essential
· Communication skills essential
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.