Reporting to the VP of Finance and Accounting, the Technical Accounting Lead will own the technical functions of Accounting (including SEC reporting and SOX compliance upon an IPO). This position will suit a technically savvy and collaborative individual who thrives on solving complex accounting and reporting issues and enjoys creating policies and procedures.
- Own all technical accounting and reporting issues including SEC and SOX compliance.
- Works with the VP of Finance and Accounting to analyze initial adoption of new standard and/or non-routine transactions.
- Partner with Sales, Operations, and other departments, as appropriate, to solve relevant technical accounting issues and to develop policies and procedures around the company’s commercial operations.
- Support development of quarterly AC materials.
- Support annual audit/quarterly review requests and inquiries from our external auditors.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Designs, documents and implements procedures and controls readying the Company for post-IPO SOX 404 compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Ten years minimum work experience in a “Big 4”, or similar, Audit firm, CPA required. Experience working in a public Medical Device/Life sciences company a significant plus.
- Strong technical skills in GAAP and SOX 404.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Memo-writing and controls documentation will be a significant element of this role.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.