ABOUT THE ROLE
Bright Health is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager to join the team. This is a critical new role for the company that will be developing and enhancing the company’s accounting policy discipline to facilitate the company’s rapid growth and complexity. The position will report to the Director of SEC Reporting, and will partner closely with corporate accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, actuarial, legal and other key areas.
- Perform technical accounting research and monitor FASB and SEC developments to identify potential impacts of new pronouncements and prepare related position paper, accounting policy and disclosure documentation
- Provide support to the SEC reporting team as it relates to critical accounting matters and other technical sections included in the SEC filings, as well as other SEC report compilation and review as needed
- Act as the primary technical accounting resource consultant for Bright Health colleagues across the organization to support key new or non-standard transactions and initiatives
- Enhance/formalize an accounting policy library for new policies and ensuring a mechanism for ongoing review of existing policies
- Collaborate with broader controllership team and external auditors for financial statement audits and reviews
- Provide technical accounting leadership, due diligence and advice around prospective acquisitions and other M&A activities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Substantial experience in and working knowledge of authoritative U.S. GAAP technical accounting research and application required
- Three (3)+ years’ public accounting experience required
- Healthcare and/or regulated industry experience preferred
- CPA required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences
- Experience communicating issues and results with all levels within an organization
- Experience evaluating new or emerging trends and transferring knowledge to key stakeholders
- Robust prioritization skills, with the ability to reprioritize and respond to urgent management requests
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant licensure
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work
, Modern Healthcare
, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.