The Technical Business Analyst collects, documents, and maintains the authoritative list of requirements for product development. Additionally, the business analyst is accountable for the functional design and adherence to corporate software development methodologies, as well as coordination across all technical resources throughout the life-cycle of a application development project. Responsibilities include creation and maintenance of various types of documents, testing support and assisting in delivery activities.
What you get to do
- Leads development of requirements specifications and business cases documentation.
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, functional and technical specifications.
- Leads the collaboration with stakeholders to define scope for projects and enhancements, documents risks and assumptions, develops the delivery approach, and timings
- Responsible for the functional systems design:
- Work closely with project managers and team members through all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Participates in and facilitates system design workshops with the user community to solicit and document requirements (e.g. creation of user stories).
- Researches, reviews and analyzes existing processes and develops strategies for enhancements.
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Participation in architecting the logical design of the system with the technical team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows.
- Facilitates communication between project customers and the development team.
- Communicates with Development and QA teams regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Acts as translator between business and technical community interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa).
- Collaboratively documents test criteria with requestors, developers, and QA teams.
- Coordinates and analyzes tests protocols and reports, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes and systems, and other post implementation support.
- Coordinate knowledge transfer from Development Teams to user support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years’ experience in healthcare following a standard software development lifecycle approach
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling and mapping, methodology development and data modeling.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Agile and User Stories
- Adequate attention span for consuming detailed information and quickly learn business and process flows.
- Comfort with prioritization of work and multiple demands
- Higher level critical thinking and problem solving appetite
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
- Passion for service
- Growth oriented
- Caring for others
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching.