We're looking for engineers interested in helping us build the best technology education program in the industry. Our ideal candidate is a software developer who also loves to teach. You've built some non-trivial applications. But you also have a passion for explaining technical concepts in just the right way.
This is an outstanding role because it combines teaching and software engineering. You'll design highly technical instructor-led training courses with hands-on exercises to help people get the most out of MongoDB technologies. You'll also become a veritable MongoDB specialist. When applying, please let us know in a few words why you'd be a good fit. Polymath developer? Technology enthusiast? Who loves to speak and write? If any of these descriptions fits, then we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Evaluate customer training requirements, and turn those requirements into courses with clearly defined learning objectives and learning paths
- Design, develop, and maintain course materials. Course materials include presentation content, student and instructor guides, demo scripts, hands-on exercises, assessments and certification exam scenarios, and narration scripts
- Use feedback and survey data from students, instructors and MongoDB field engineering teams to create new courses and improve existing courses
- Spend up to two weeks each quarter co-delivering classes with a MongoDB instructor to gain firsthand experience of how course content is delivered and received
- Build training certification programs to enable MongoDB’s field teams and partners to deliver training
- Learn about new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with the MongoDB product engineering and field engineering teams to create engaging, accurate, in-depth educational material
- Develop sample applications using a variety of programming languages
- Continually look for ways to extend and improve our courses to support new products and features, and to enhance the learning experience for students and their instructors
Experience you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials
- Proven experience in at least two of the following areas: teaching, technical content development, public speaking, technical writing
- Experience using one or more database technologies. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus, but not required
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern software development practices and infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the curriculum development team and training delivery staff
- Ability to manage time effectively, to complete tasks on a deadline, and to optimal communicate project status and risks as timelines evolve
- You enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages
- Ability to adapt to innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Within 3 months:
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire hands-on technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases.
- Via new hire training and shadowing, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB instructor-led training offerings, student personae and learning objectives.
- Assist in the creation and review of new training content (slides and hands-on exercises).
Within 6 months:
- Successfully co-deliver several MongoDB training courses, demonstrating a solid understanding of the source material.
- Comfortable with creating and releasing new / updated training content, given a course outline with defined learning objectives.
- Contribute to the design of new and updated training offerings.
Within 12 months:
- Own the end-to-end production of one or more training offerings - from curriculum design to content development to gathering partner feedback.
- With the broader Curriculum team, contribute to refining processes and tooling to drive increased development velocity and quality of instructor-led training content.
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Disrupting a $64 Billion market
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 17,000 customers in over 100 countries and over 90+ million downloads
- >120% net ARR expansion rate over each of the last twenty quarters
- Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with skill-full people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 200+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Macbooks are company standard
- 26 weeks Maternity & 20 Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*