DPDK is looking for a talented Technical Director for our Development Group, with a keen sense of what it takes to grow and keep our company’s technological capabilities on top of the game in today’s tech world.
As a Technical Director, you will direct and represent technology in all kinds of settings; engaging with clients (sometimes on C-level) and creative colleagues from different disciplines whom you’ll advise, analyze, guide, shift, and leverage to the best course of action while positioning your teams strategically.
Leading by example, you’ll take the teams under your wings, such as dev 1 to dev 4, the architects, dev-ops, eCommerce, and support teams. To help our developers grow, we’d also like you to create a positive learning environment with room for the creative process and happy accidents, while actively managing and controlling pace and performance.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for engineering complex and pixel-perfect digital experiences. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to put your exceptional senior technical, advisory, and leadership skills and experience to good use.
As you will have the closest view and insights on the tech capability, you are invited to weigh in on tactical/strategic planning with the CTO, tweaking and shaping the current and future offerings regarding tech and potential partnering opportunities.
Please note, that this job is not designed for remote work, you should locate in the Netherlands.
- Advise clients and colleagues on how to best leverage relevant technology
- Lead and grow the capability of the teams
- Work on several client accounts/projects simultaneously
- Optimize the workflow within the agency
- Proactively advise on opportunities
- Shape and build a technology roadmap (ready to scale)
- Building and maintaining the tech portfolio
- Assisting in positioning the development and tech culture at DPDK (Help our hosting meetups, chemistries, lan parties, hackathons, events)
- Work closely with the CTO
- Pitching for clients. Clearly explaining ideas, concepts, and facts.
- Planning, scoping, and quoting projects
- Hosting backlog, estimation sessions, architecture, technical road mapping, or deep-dive sessions (with 3rd parties)
- Code, test, debug, document, and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies
- Encourage and inspire developers along with (younger) talent to reach the next level
- Track key results, translate OKRs, measure team performance by budget/metrics
- Have a strong foundation in database techniques like MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Grasp the fundamentals of frontend development by understanding HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities
- Keep the development workflow running smoothly by using Git branches and tags, along with specific package managers and build tools like Composer and NPM
- Use tools like Lighthouse to measure performance and follow (Google) guidelines
- Develop compliant to a DTAP workflow
- Have a vision on SAAS-based learning (i.e.) Docebo or CMS-platforms (i.e. Contentful)
- Have a vision on OnPrem and SAAS-based eCommerce platforms (i.e. BigCommerce)
- Assist your interdisciplinary (developers, designers, producers) team and the client throughout the development process with valuable technical and conceptual ideas
- Keep up to date with best and emerging practices by attending and engaging with professionals at exclusive conferences, workshops, following online blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Create accurate estimations by analyzing functionalities, risks, and possibilities
- Advise CTO on goals, technical diversity, component-based development, trends, and the total development group capability.
- Excellent communication skills to work cross-teams, creative thinker, and team player
- You’re no newbie to the tech world and have 5-8 years of experience as a senior developer and/or team-lead and a University / HBO+ level degree
- You have source-control down (experience with GIT and GitHub is a plus)
- React or a comparable library is like your second language (Next.JS is a plus)
(i.e. React, Node, Next.JS, GraphQL, etc) and a general sense of web techniques in play today
- Have a foundational understanding of enterprise platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Have a foundational understanding of the MACH alliance and its values
- Have a foundational understanding of analytics, data, A.I., machine learning
- Do you know GraphQL? That’s a plus in our books!
- Basic Linux knowledge is a must (Ubuntu as a base is a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of the browser DOM and basic HTTP request/response lifecycle
- You might be a tech genius but knowing the best SEO practices is also important to us
- You keep up with the latest techniques and technologies in the industry
- You are the team captain but you still play well with others
- You are a good communicator and take pride in your analytic and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- Contribute ideas and coordinate challenging projects for cool and well-known clients
- Cooperate with and inspire award-winning professionals from various disciplines in the digital industry
- Be part of a leading international digital agency from the coolest office in Rotterdam (or from home!)
- Join a highly diverse and international family of driven colleagues
- Daily lunch at the office, with healthy snacks, drinks, and lots of coffee
- Attend exclusive expertise sharing events, relaxing Friday afternoon drinks and tasty summer bbq's on the roof terrace with the best view in town, once we can all hang out in person again!
- A competitive salary with amazing working conditions: pension, 23 days off for a 40h workweek, education, and growth opportunities as well as good career perspectives
At DPDK, we are dedicated to delivering custom-made, exceptional digital experiences to our clients. We lead with our values of exceptionalism, transformation, craftsmanship, drive, and sincerity. We strive to be better and new every day, and we like to challenge everyone else to do the same with our products!
Our unique team is looking forward to welcoming you as a fellow DPDKer. Please read the job description thoroughly before applying, and provide a brief cover letter describing why you would be an excellent fit for the position.