Who Are We?
The Guidewire team, now more than 3,200 strong, is an Internet scale, Cloud native, Realtime data platform built for Property and Casualty insurance industry worldwide.
Are you a result-oriented, polyglot programmer using 12-factor app methodology to craft your Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
Guidewire provides outstanding software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance.
We deliver the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to build their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
What you get to do
- Craft microservices, components, & tools to automate the life cycle of highly available (HA), distributed services and applications on multiple platforms!
- Engineer quality, scalability, availability, and security into your code
- Protect your products with the assurances of automated testing
- Deploy containerized applications to AWS through your Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment
- Work with highly skilled team members, operations team, product managers, and architects as we collaborate to write code / algorithms, mentor one another and build infrastructure and software that matters
What you would bring to the company
- You bring strong interpersonal skills, a demeanor emphasizing team wins over individual success and comfort working in an agile, social and fast-paced environment
Your skills include:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- A discerning comprehension of standard REST API / gRPC for data interchange
- Practical experience with microservices architecture concepts like Service Discovery / API Gateway etc.
- Linux debugging skills
- Boundary-pushing software development skills in one or more of the following frameworks & languages: Java / Golang / NodeJS / Python / equivalent
- Advocate for IaaS abstractions, containers technologies & cloud platforms (like Kubernetes / Mesos / Cloud Foundry / OpenShift, Docker, AWS / GCP / Azure, Serverless)
- Promote proven architectures ("SOLID"/Hexagonal) and other design principles
- Methodically approach distributed tracing and monitoring of apps
- Reinforce sound repeatable automated services
Nice to Have
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management, using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Spring Boot / Bash programming skills
- Startup mentality
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent level of proven professional proficiency
Our employee culture
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.