Exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Australian technology start-ups
- High growth phase
- Industry leading
- Global expansion
Rokt is a rapidly growing innovative technology company. At Rokt you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with very smart and talented people. We don’t believe in doing things incrementally – we want to change the game.
Recognised as one of the hottest companies in our field, Rokt is in a unique position to continue to lead the market with data driven technology solutions that deliver innovation to publishers, ecommerce platforms and advertisers. With a proven technology platform, an established and growing partner portfolio, and outstanding growth, this is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced Australian technology startup.
Rokt is seeking an experienced Senior Engineer/Data Scientist to join and lead our data science team. We are building the next generation of our attribution and insights systems and we are looking for someone who can lead this cross functional team responsible for building this system.
You will also be expected to collaborate with a team of Data Scientists and our Sydney based product, optimisation and data architecture teams, as well as our NY based business analytics team. If you are intellectually curious and are committed to translating insights into action and want new daily challenges then this is the role for you!
This is a technical role and involves software development, analytics, modelling, data exploration, data mining, visualisation and reporting. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organisational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organisation, including engineering, product, sales and customer support.
- Act as a technical lead for the data scientists and help mentor and grow the team over time.
- Build production quality analytics and reporting applications on large scale data utilising statistical testing and data mining techniques.
- Leverage large scale data processing frameworks such as Spark to build data processing and reporting pipelines.
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver product initiatives.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products.
- Surface insight, and sense check results of data analysis, in a business and product context.
- Communicate your analysis and findings in written and verbal form.
- Partner with Product and other Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Interface with our New York based Analytics team and provide support and guidance when required.
- Advance SQL skills and working experience with big data systems.
- Advance Python skills.
- Experience with statistical packages such SciPy, NumPy, Scitkit Learn, Pandas etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/Spark/Redshift).
- Experience in statistical analysis, data exploration and statistical modelling techniques.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and CI/CD pipelines.
- Prior people management experience.
- Ability to derive meaningful insights from data.
- Ability to clearly communicate and the results of analyses and insights with stakeholders.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Experience & Education:
- BS/MSc in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuaries and other technical fields.
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative analytics role.
Visa and work permit:
- Has right to work in Australia (i.e. Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, or NZ citizen)
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers
- Competitive Salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee Share Scheme, which means all employees have a financial stake in the business
- Technology allowance, you can use your preferred technology hardware
- Company end of quarter training and events 4 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions