Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Candidate must be based on the East Coast - USA
This Senior Systems Engineer will be an integral member supporting Extreme products and helping enable global sales team with primary focus in our international regions. He/She will travel to customer sites presenting Proof of Concepts; contribute to the design, planning, implementation & training of the Extreme Networks wireless/cloud architecture. We seek individuals who are dynamic, flexible and willing/able to work outside of their comfort zone.
· Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners & customers on positioning of Extreme solutions
· Assist the sales team in deploying a Proof of Concept (POC) of the Extreme solutions in the customer network
· Present at trade shows and seminars
· Prepare and deliver customer presentations to all levels of management.
· Help develop and maintain demonstration tools
o Creation and maintenance of documentation & videos on demonstration tools
o Develop new demonstrations with new wireless/cloud product & technology releases
o Provide support for the field if there are problems with the wireless/cloud demonstration tools
· Help support and maintain customer test labs
o Integration and maintenance of new wireless/cloud products & technologies in the lab.
o Work with team to support engagements (remote or onsite) in the customer test lab.
· Maintain “Technical/Expert” level knowledge by working closely with Wireless/Cloud/Software/User Experience/Engineering teams to understand the new features/functions/products being developed and be ready to support the pre-sales/post-sales team when these are released
· Work closely with the User Experience, Product Marketing and Product Line Management teams to assess and validate new solutions, features and functionalities, and provide feedback.
· Participate in development of workshops or isolated training environments to educate our field teams on wireless/cloud technologies and solutions.
· Assist post-sales team in the design, planning and implementation of wireless network solutions when applicable.
· Expert in wireless technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience (5 or more years’ experience).
· Thorough knowledge of wireless design features and ability to implement and perform site surveys.
· Hands-on experience using wireless-related toolsets (Ekahau, AirMagnet, etc...)
· Hands-on experience implementing network services such as NAC, LDAP, RADIUS, DHCP, DNS etc. across different server platforms.
· In depth knowledge of the following networking technologies: (3 or more years’ experience)
Ø IPv4/v6 Routing Protocols (RIPv1/v2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc…)
· Good understanding of the following technologies:
Ø Cloud architecture & concepts with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
Ø Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, Dockers and Kubernetes.
Ø Software/Automation (Python, StackStorm, Docker, OpenStack, VMware)
Ø Datacenter technologies/concepts like (IP Fabric, VCS, VxLAN, EVPN, DCI, etc…)
· Demonstrate skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in wired and wireless environments.
· Demonstrate ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations to maintain satisfied customers.
· Excellent interpersonal, technical presentation and communications skills
· Proven team player
· Ability and Willingness to travel within region up to 25%.
Desired Skills / Experience:
· B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Network Certifications desired (i.e. CWNP, CWNA, CCNA, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP, etc.)
· Cloud Certification desired (i.e. AWS Solutions Architect, MS Azure Solutions Architect, Google Professional Cloud Architect)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR
) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website
or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.