One-to-one tuition is proven to significantly improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. MyTutor’s mission is to bring life-changing tuition to all. Our handpicked network of tutors work online with pupils from all walks of life, and we’ve given over 400,000 lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade. We’re proud of the fact that over 400 schools and 30,000 pupils have chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
We understand the hectic lives of families. Our flexible lesson times mean parents can juggle schedules more easily. On our website it’s simple to find a tutor that your child gets on with - and every lesson is tailored to their needs. By having lessons via live video, pupils can access the best tutors no matter where they live or when they need help. No traveling to lessons, no waiting around, no strangers in your home. Pupils can have their lessons anywhere - at Grandma’s, a friends house or on holiday, so there’s no disruption in the run up to exams.
Tuition is now more affordable and accessible, making life less stressful for busy parents doing their best.
About the role
You’ll be joining our growing Technical Operations team, working with our CTO, the current tech ops team, and across the company to deliver a great tech experience for our team and customers. MyTutor is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth, which means you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment to implement new processes while maintaining the high standard of customer service we pride ourselves on. Your job will be to make our team amazing at theirs, and our customers confident in the site. You’ll be providing clear guidance and solutions to reduce friction with our internal tools or product, leaving them stress-free and self-sufficient. This is why we’re looking for a bright, passionate and supportive Technical Operations Associate to supercharge this new department.
- You don’t need experience in a technical support or IT role, but you’ll be passionate about technology and keen to expand your knowledge about its use in a different setting.
- You’ll be at ease communicating with customers and staff about technical issues, understanding their needs then providing clear explanations and solutions in order to empower as well as fix.
- You’ll be excited by our forward-looking product and the support we give to students across the UK and internationally.
- Comfortable using major operating systems such as Windows or macOS.
- You’ll be a fast learner, able to grasp concepts or problems quickly and ask the right questions.
- You’ll have experience working in a fast paced environment with the ability to keep a cool head in busy periods.
- Eager to learn and share your knowledge with the wider team.
- Excited to join our ever growing team and contribute to the culture at MyTutor.
What you’ll be doing
- Responding quickly and effectively to technical support requests from customers over phone, email, and livechat.
- Run technical support sessions for our customers to diagnose, treat and resolve issues they are having with MyTutor.
- Contribute to our technical support articles, keeping them up to date so customers can solve issues independently.
- Administer internal tools such as Office365 and GSuite to set up new staff and support the existing team with any issues.
- Ensure compliance with data protection and IT security policies.
- Provision IT equipment such as laptops: installing software and hardware to meet the varied needs of colleagues.
- Build strong lines of communication between the Technical Operations team, Technology team and our customer teams to identify, reproduce and resolve bugs.
- Competitive salary.
- Fun and relaxed working environment in Shoreditch. (We’re working from home at the moment, but we’ll make sure you’re set up to work effectively from where you’re based).
- Help to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people.
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair.
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support.
- Your own laptop and hardware to use as you please.
- Training and investment in your learning.
- A WFH allowance, to add some life to your home-office.
- Regular team events & socials.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays).