Job Title : Technical Product Manager
Job Location : Bangalore
Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
Job Overview : Technical Product Manager
To be successful as a Technical Product Manager you must possess a combination of strong business acumen and technical skills as well as have a passion for data, cloud architectures, and a deep understanding of the enterprise security and compliance market. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the compliance controls roadmap of various cloud applications. You must be comfortable with frequent interactions with customers and prospects presenting and explaining our solutions while fully understanding their business needs, and how to map these into well-defined product enhancements/behaviors. You must be great at defining and communicating key success metrics for your product(s) and focusing your product planning towards achieving these. You need to be able to dive deeply into application workflows and use cases, API capabilities, and fully understand how customers interact with the apps in your portfolio, to identify and address any potential compliance exposure. You have a successful track record as a technical Product Manager, working closely with Engineering, and clearly communicate business goals and product requirements in technical terms and well defined and articulated product requirement documents.
- Drive a comprehensive compliance roadmap for target cloud applications, with detailed product requirements and clear prioritization.
- Mature deep, hands-on, understanding of application user and admin workflows and use cases and evaluate which ones of these carry compliance implications.
- Articulate, in detail, a comprehensive compliance coverage target for the managed applications, and compare it against capabilities made available via the SaaS application APIs.
- Analyze and communicate the value and trade-offs of the product decisions made.
- Set quantitative business/technical metrics and success criteria for your product, and track how executing against set roadmap progress towards achieving these.
- Develop deep and trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and other key stakeholders,
- Think Strategically - Knows what it takes to gain a competitive advantage; Operate both strategically and tactically in a dynamic environment; Develops relevant, sustainable solutions; Align the right resources to the task at hand and foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Own the product vision for your area; Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision, as well as be an expert on the domain, market, and trends; Ability to evangelize that vision constantly so that all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Make Smart Decisions - Analyze and synthesize broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight.
- Drive Results - Attack everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Previous experience in a technical role (e.g. technical marketing, system engineering, or R&D) highly desirable.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Proven ability to excite and lead a successful cross-functional team, and a data-driven and outcome orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions.
- Be comfortable delivering a compelling product demonstration, including the ability to tell a story and communicate business value in addition to product features and benefits.
- Solid visual communication skills including the ability to create and deliver a great slide presentation.
- Experience representing the customer; Experience being the champion and voice of customers by building impactful, personal relationships with customers, engineering teams, and the field, in addition to bringing the customer’s voice into the creation process.
- Expertise in leading and collaborating across teams. We win or lose as a team as product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree (technical disciplines preferred)