Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal.
Acquia's product organization is looking for a product owner who can cultivate and drive innovation in Acquia’s platform service offerings. The Product Owner (PO) works directly with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Service Engineering Team to define requirements, establish priorities, execute roadmaps, and optimize their product’s market and technical potential. The Product Owner must have a passion for developing sustainable and scalable products, and demonstrate good instincts on making effective judgments as to prioritization, time allocation, and risk assessment.
Reporting directly to Acquia’s Experience Factory Product Line Director you will be working closely with product management and engineering leadership to streamline processes; manage milestones, schedules and processes required to track and deliver product; provide analytical guidance to the engineering team; and provide leadership throughout the entire product lifecycle, communicating and mitigating risks in the context of time-to-market requirements. Most importantly it will be the responsibility of the Product Owner to ensure engineering stakeholders are aligned to both timelines and the value proposition of the program.
- Manage product backlog and work daily with the service team to ensure alignment on the vision, goals, and priorities of the product
- Work with stakeholders to create and maintain service level objectives
- Establish short term and mid-term product roadmaps, and be able to communicate data driven time estimates
- Cultivate and optimize the communication of their service teams to the rest of the organization
- Lead requirements gathering effort on initiatives and epics
- Document story details based on the epics after reviewing with development
- Lead establishment of team objective and key results (OKRs) based on input from Corporate OKRs, Product Management, other POs, and service team members
- Develop feedback loops to validate the most critical product changes prior to implementation and solicit ideas for new functionality
- Create mockups and works with UX on design and write acceptance criteria
- Be a core contributor during sprint planning and sprint review meetings, as well as participate in other traditional scrum ceremonies
- Analyze and act on service team performance, stability, and culture to support continued product innovation and flexibility
- Analyze and act on product performance, stability, and client culture to maintain continued product success and market fit
- 5+ years of delivery experience using agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and legacy applications
- 3+ years working with cloud technologies/business or related experience
- Demonstrates analytical skills and ability to coordinate and lead engineering teams
- Familiar with Cloud technologies, web content management, distributed systems, and the latest trends in digital experience management is a plus
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills with audiences ranging from developer to executive
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
- Experience with FedRAMP, HIPAA, SOC1, SOC2, and other compliance regulations and security protocols a plus
- Opinionated to always do the right thing, is committed to building an awesome product, not afraid to inspire and cultivate crazy ideas, and is willing to jump in and own their product from the process up
- Technical background in Linux or Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Technical background in Drupal development or hosting
- Technical background in cultivating DevOps at the technical and organizational level
- Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.