To build stable WiFi mesh networks, security, reliability, and scalability of our cloud is paramount. As a member of our Cloud Product Team, you will be responsible for managing our platform infrastructure. Working closely with engineering, DevOps, our Analytics team, and the rest of our PM organization, you will help architect the backbone of eero’s product experience, defining the infrastructure necessary to power new user features. This is a broad role, requiring technical savvy, curiosity, confidence, and drive. It’s a role within a dynamic startup environment that will give you opportunities to help build an efficient product organization. Sound exciting? Great! We thought so too.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of the overall product team to manage eero’s cloud infrastructure and security model.
- Define and drive the APIs that connect eero products and mobile clients together.
- Develop features to ensure stability, reliability, and efficiency in managing customer networks. Write specs, validate new features, develop release processes, and iterate with your team – quickly and constantly.
- Know your customers, both internal and external. Work broadly across design, engineering, and the rest of the PM org to manage the backlog of requests and plan sprints accordingly.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Work cross-functionally to unify plans and align priorities, schedules, and resourcing.
- Track program risks, help drive mitigations, and represent status to the broader leadership team.
- Manage the workflow of your team of engineers and designers. Do whatever it takes to help them keep moving
- Deliver thoughtful and well-designed products on a timely pace
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has domain expertise in cloud infrastructure scaling and reliability. You’ve built these systems and understand how they work at technical level
- Has 3-5 years of technical program or product management experience deploying large cloud-based software platforms
- Experience with API requirements definition, testing, and deployment
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and Agile Software development
- Experience in network / IT security and reliability a plus
- Hands-on software engineering experience from a past job or a personal project (something you’re extremely proud of sharing).
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products
- You never lose sight of the critical path and can inspire others to follow it.
- Sees around corners. You are proactive, not reactive. You recognize long-range risks and know how to mitigate them. You may even be part psychic.
- Fosters collaboration. A great team can do anything. You know how to build trust and mediate disputes between cross-functional teams. You relentlessly communicate and encourage collaboration.
- Is Curious. You get excited about things you don’t know. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Obsesses over the customer experience. This is everything
- BSCE or equivalent. MS preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.