Zeta intends to replace many legacy systems in use by banks for processing payments. Banks need to leapfrog into an era of connected devices and omnipresent commerce. Banking should become an integral part of the commerce and enterprise systems, thereby enabling seamless consumer and business transactions. The average number of interactions an account holder may have with a bank would increase to 12-15 per day in the near-term from the current average of 3-4 transactions per month. These could grow to an unimaginably large number in the future. Most banking systems aren’t designed for this scale. In many ways, these systems are limiting the imagination of the key stakeholders at the banks. We want this changed fundamentally, in an interoperable and regulatorily compliant manner.
We build large-scale transaction processing systems that can work with many current and future payment networks. We build applications that help banks realize the value of this new approach early. We also help banks to rapidly deliver the value of these applications to their customers.
Zeta’s platform accelerates the phenomenon of digital native neobanking, unbundling and rebundling of banking and invisible payments. The platform enables the new-age financial institutes to have faster go-to-market. Enables the existing financial institutes with the much-required capabilities to partner with the FinTechs and to offer a suite of modern banking experiences.
What is the job like?
Delivery - As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead cross-functional teams from different business units to deliver complex programs. You will plan and manage project schedules, anticipate project risks and provide mitigation strategies. You will as need be provide escalation management recommending engineering trade-offs and decisions aligned with business goals.
Stakeholder Management - As Technical Program Manager, you will manage conflicts, drive effective teamwork, communication and collaboration partnering across multiple business units with competing priorities.
Program Management - As a Technical Program Manager, you will identify opportunities, define and institutionalize processes for accurately capturing scope, dependencies, schedule, metrics, risks for program success and effectively communicating the program status and updates/reports to all stakeholders on a regular cadence.
Customer Advocacy - Works with the customers to drive discovery and evaluates business objectives, considers various solution options to be implemented, drives the solution design and requirements, and works with the client throughout implementation. Plan ideation workshops with the internal and customer stakeholders periodically to showcase POCs and eventually new features getting in to product roadmap.
Technical Dependencies and Integrations - Drive technical dependencies and integrations that require to make changes for their project so as to launch. Lead technical design and architecture discussions across cross-functional teams including Core Engineering teams.
Who should apply for this role?
- Overall 8-10 years of software industry experience with 5+ years of experience managing large cross-functional software projects right from inception to launch seeing the full lifecycle with a deep understanding of agile methodologies.
- Experience providing cross-functional coordination with engineering, product and inter/intra team communications to technical and non-technical groups.
- Experience working with tools to manage schedule, cost and risks of ongoing projects and provide reports to management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to build strong relationships and lead and influence cross-functional and partner teams.
- Exercise good business judgement skills to find short-term solutions working cross-functionally for difficult/tricky engineering problems while not sacrificing the long term goals.
- Experience architecting fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable distributed architecture systems.
- Good knowledge of one or more technology stack (preferably Java, Spring boot and Postgresql)Preferably a PMP or Agile PM certification.
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Strong drive to bring change, identifies opportunities and highly perseverant until they are realized Challenges status-quo and always pushes for new, innovative and simple solutions
- Excellent communication skills, somebody who can understand the business problem/domain fast and articulate problem/solution to different audience types (technical/business)
- Obsessive ownership towards individual and team goals and does it right
Co-founded by Bhavin Turakhia (CEO) and Ramki Gaddipati (CTO), Zeta® is on a mission to make digital payments easy, inclusive and valuable for corporations, employees and merchants globally. Our products revolve around the key idea that spending and receiving money should be easy, fast, and trouble-free.
Our business comprises:
1) Zeta® Banking - We are in the business of providing a full stack, cloud native, API-first neo-banking platform including a digital core and a payment engine for issuance of credit, debit and prepaid products that enable legacy banks and new age fintechs to launch modern retail and corporate fintech products.
2) Zeta Benefits - We started our business as an ‘employee benefits’ provider in India, with technology at the core of the offering. The Zeta BRS business today exists as a merged entity, with Sodexo, in India. On the global level, we are working with various Sodexo geographies as their technology partner, providing customisable suite of frontend and backend solutions for the BRS industry. We currently engage with Sodexo in Brazil, Vietnam and The Philippines; and are continuously expanding to more countries.
3) Enterprise Payments - our enterprise payments solution helps financial institutions simplify payment flows using full stack, cloud native, API-first technology. From reward and recognition programs to gifting to expense management, we aim to make all enterprise payments hassle free while delivering a tangible business impact to the end user.
Zeta currently provides its platform and products to BFSI issuers in India, Asia, and LATAM. The product offerings are used by banks like RBL Bank, IDFC First Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank, 14000 corporates and over 2 million users. Zeta is a SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO 9008, PCI DSS certified company. The company has over 500 employees and clocks over 1 million transactions per day.
Zeta® was awarded the best B2B platform and the best Payment App at the Payments and Cards Summit 2018. The company was also recognised as one of India’s most innovative product companies at NASSCOM Emerge 50 awards 2017 and was named the Fintech Rising Star for 2017 by the India FinTech forum.