Zippin is looking for a Technical Project Manager - Hardware, to coordinate, oversee and manage several hardware prototypes that we manufacture and supply as part of our checkout-less solution. You will be responsible for coordinating between several of our hardware partners to source, prototype, test, manufacture and bring to production (at scale) customized hardware for sensing, access control gates, and cameras.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to tinker with hardware if needed
- Proficiency with hardware, sensing and IOT devices
- Excellent communication skills, Mandarin is a big plus
- Excellent hardware project management
- Understand hardware specifications and requirements
- Work with engineers to translate those specifications to deliverables
- Understand CAD/CAM design files
- Procure and manage hardware components
- Work with manufacturers to prototype hardware
- Coordinate delivery, testing and production of hardware
There's never been a more exciting time in retail. Frictionless experiences are being demanded by shoppers who are tired of waiting in line and want to zip in and out of their favorite stores.
Zippin provides autonomous checkout for leading brick & mortar retailers. Shoppers just walk into stores, pick up the items they want, and then leave. We use machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion to automatically charge shoppers when they walk out—no more checkout lines.
Zippin is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in San Carlos - CA, Houston - TX, Toronto - Canada, and India. Industry veterans from Amazon, SRI, and VMware founded the company and raised over $15M in venture funding from Evolv, NTT Docomo, SAP, and Maven Ventures.