The Messaging team at Schibsted owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 4 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Marketplaces from the Schibsted group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites. Our team is formed by more than 15 professionals from different areas such as UX, Product and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
As our Technical Project Manager, you will be the glue between our highly skilled engineering team and our global marketplaces and other Schibsted components. Ideally, you have a background in software engineering, enabling you to quickly build a solid technical understanding of our product and be able to accomplish configuration and advanced tasks. You might already have moved on to project management assignments, where you have been very successful managing expectations and plans with internal or external customers, and actively participate in leading deployments and integrations to completion.
- Working closely with Product Management in setting priorities for product and engineering, serving as main technical point of contact for marketplaces
- Helps coordinating the support process and its execution to provide awesome and fast response to our marketplaces
- Provide technical and hands-on project management of deployments, cross-functional coordination and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding outcomes
- You can set the line between hands-on and effective delegation
- Manage schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders
- Take responsibility for release communication, schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment
- Support and improve the integration process for our product and align with other components
- Prior knowledge of working on software delivery project: you have architected, built, designed or managed one
- Significant previous experience managing complex technical projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving aptitude combined with solid communication skills
- Diligent in task prioritisation and disciplined follow-up solid documentation skills, either on product, process or technical topics
- Can effortlessly zoom in to the detail with the engineers and zoom out to the strategic integration roadmap with our marketplaces, often in the same conversation
- Previous experience working with global products in an international group with an Agile mindset will be a huge plus
- Preferably, worked within a large matrix organisation with many stakeholders
- Experience with building applications that can be cloud-hosted; using microservices architecture and that provide published APIs
- You might have also worked with programming languages, REST APIs or Cloud tech
- Experience with distributed computing technologies
- Working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams is a big plus
Schibsted is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If any of the above ticks your boxes, then Apply Now to find out more