thredUP is the world’s largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and shop over 35,000 brands at up to 90% off — online, in stores or via “try-before-you-buy” Goody Boxes. Backed by world-class investors, thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed nearly 100 million unique garments from closets across America and is now powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform.
About the Role
As a Technical Recruiter you will develop, drive, and execute recruitment strategies that support our engineering and product teams while also occasionally managing a req load of non-technical roles within our marketing and G&A teams. With business growth at the forefront, you’ll act as trusted advisor and consultant to business leaders. You will help define and develop strategic hiring plans to meet quarterly hiring forecasts, and creatively source and recruit top-tier talent with a diverse range of experience and functional areas.
- Partner with and influence business leaders to create and identify ideal candidate profiles based on thredUP’s growing business needs
- Work in partnership with other technical recruiters (US and Kyiv based) to define and build out recruiting programs
- Utilize current recruiting tools and best practices to cultivate robust pipelines for active and passive talent across a wide-variety of business functions.
- Organize and attend meetups, networking events and career fairs to constant increase thredUP employer brand recognition within the tech community
- Compile and analyze data and metrics to support recommendations and business decisions
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- 3+ years of Technical Recruiting experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability work with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and refining interview processes and candidate engagement strategies
- Experience leveraging a variety of sourcing and recruiting tools
- Experience recruiting for an offshore development team a plus