A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We have offices today in San Francisco and Toronto, and have just selected Chicago and Los Angeles as our new “hubs” — no office yet, but we’re intent on building a community of “Leveroos” (what we call our team members) in these cities! We are so excited to get involved in the local community in the Second City that is second to none.
Leverage your substantial skillset to help us refine and execute our strategic recruiting plan, and hit the ground running to help us hit aggressive goals in Chicago, Toronto, San Francisco, and beyond!
You’ll use your technical talent acquisition expertise to grow our Engineering and Product teams while helping to evolve Lever’s product. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends recruiting with user research, process iteration, and cross-functional partnership across the organization, while helping build the teams that build Lever, one by one, at a company whose very product is focused on recruiting.
Lever is growing quickly and we need a Technical Recruiter to join the team for at least the next 4 months, with the opportunity to join the team permanently if the need remains. Recruiting at Lever is a true partnership between recruiters and hiring teams. Given our product, every person at Lever has a deep understanding of and investment in hiring. We’re looking for someone who values managing strong partnerships with their hiring teams, constantly evolving and improving how we hire, creating fantastic candidate experiences, and taking full ownership over filling roles quickly with excellent candidates — and who invests in upleveling themselves and their teams continuously. In this role you’ll be a thought leader and help shape the product that is at the forefront of innovating how organizations hire.
We are the meta-team for a company that builds tools for recruiters. Besides your immediate peers in Recruiting, you’ll also work in the broader People Team, which is a fun, collaborative bunch based in Toronto, SF, and LA, whose roles span HR, Workplace, D&I, L&D, and of course Recruiting (and you’ll have direct exposure and opportunity to participate in all these areas). We don’t view recruiting as a factory assembly line; it’s our company’s most strategic effort and should be collaborative, and above all, human.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience
- A partnership-centric approach to working with engaged hiring managers
- Excellent project management, organization, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proven track record delivering effectively against aggressive milestones and time-to-fill targets
- Proven track record guiding interview teams to quickly and effectively resolve blockers or slow-downs to a search
- Proven track record building strong partnerships with diverse teams and individuals
- Deep knowledge of the Chicago tech talent market
- Ability to speak, and learn, the world of software and tech stacks
- A creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent
- Proven track record of learning and hiring for different types of technical roles, across levels and functions
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Openness to jumping in wherever there’s need — including helping with non-technical roles and even non-recruiting priorities as needed
- Ability to build rapport and understand challenges across various teams and roles.
- Ability to train your peers and act as a thought leader in the recruiting space
- Past tenure at a hyper-growth startup is a plus
- Previous experience using Lever as a recruiting tool is a plus
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our half-day onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our mission and vision. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Attend your first company-wide All-Hands meeting. You’ll learn about the key goals of the business, how we’re doing, and where we’re headed.
- Walk through our H2 hiring plan with the VP, People, to learn what roles we’re hiring for and why, which roles you will take on, and how we measure success.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and their talent needs. Conduct initial 1:1s with hiring managers and other strategic partners throughout the company to identify what a successful relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Learn the product --you’re going to use Lever to hire for Lever! Shadow other team members to get up speed, and don’t be afraid to submit tickets or feedback about our own product.
- Take over ownership of your first roles, and set up your system(s) for tracking progress week over week.
- Tackle your own candidate pipeline and take ownership of active candidates. You’ll partner with the rest of the Recruiting Team to learn our interview processes, ideal candidate profiles, how to manage your own workflow, and how we usually talk about our company and team.
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with diverse top talent. Utilize our tools--Lever and beyond--to engage candidates and successfully guide them through the offer stage. You’ll be in the driver’s seat to make sure our teams are considering and hiring candidates from a variety of backgrounds, education levels, and experience levels.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be the ultimate juggler in managing a talent pipeline and not letting a single ball drop.
- Meet weekly with your hiring managers to go over role progress, next steps, and mutual commitments. Provide metrics and conversion rate updates to your hiring manager to partner on improvements and iterations.
- Join biweekly org check-ins for the R&D team, to share updates on your searches, get to know the org’s priorities and pain points, and align on strategic decisions.
- Partner with the rest of the Recruiting Team to diagnose areas of opportunity when it comes to the right content, collateral, and online presence in general to attract and engage candidates.
- Close your first candidate(s) whom you have brought full-cycle through the recruiting process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Use data and your own observations to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve processes and pipelines for yourself and the broader Recruiting Team.
- Evaluate how you’re doing on key metrics (time-to-fill, offer acceptance rate, etc), identify areas of improvement, and create and execute on a plan to improve.
- Deliver interviewer training for teams you support, based on what you’ve seen in candidate feedback. As a result, you will have a new pool of interviewers from which to pull and further develop.
- Participate in user research and provide substantive feedback to our own Product Team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.