Gusto is looking for an experienced technical recruiter to help us scale our engineering teams. As part of Gusto’s Recruiting team, you will heavily impact Gusto’s hiring strategy, build our engineering teams, coach and mentor new team members.
Our ideal hire has already successfully recruited at scaling technology startups (or agency) and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who can consult with hiring managers on what talent is needed to achieve success at our organization.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build trusted and long-term relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders and coach them on hiring best practices
- Manage full cycle recruitment process from sourcing to onsite interviews, offers and closing candidates
- Source qualified candidates, review resumes, and pre-screen candidates while moving the interview process forward in a timely manner
- Looks for innovative, highly creative ways to find skilled team members
- Drive offer approval, extension, and negotiation
- Bold and self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with
- Effectively communicate Gusto’s mission and culture, and help candidates understand impact and value to the engineering culture
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Gusto by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter with focus on Engineering Recruiting
- Technology knowledge (different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology)
- Knowledgeable with ATS system (Greenhouse) - you believe in meticulous candidate notes and know that excellent database hygiene leads to accurate reporting
- Flexible and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Tenacious and charismatic: people person who can talk to anyone
- Professional and versatile when sourcing, assessing, pitching and closing a candidate
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management skills, independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Startup experience is a huge plus
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.