Technical Services Manager:
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As a Technical Services Manager, you will monitor product health and quality based on data gathered from multiple sources (including real-time product monitoring, member escalations, social media, and help center discussions), prioritize issues, and work directly with Engineering and Product Management to implement changes to deliver the best member & customer experience possible.
Your team is the last stop before engineering, so the most complex issues not resolved through other support channels are escalated to you to investigate, triage, and resolve. Technical Services Managers aggregate and analyze member bugs/issues using internal tools, path analysis reports, available data, and then work with their Product & Engineering stakeholders to drive fixes for key product issues, prioritized based upon issue volume, the number of members impacted, revenue impact, and other relevant factors.
In addition to providing operational support for member escalations and product bugs, Technical Services Managers are expected to drive strategic initiatives to improve product quality, looking at key metrics such as the bug introduction rate, bug backlog, and SLA performance. Technical Services Managers also play an essential role in product launches and sunsets, ensuring readiness from a product quality perspective and providing supporting technical services.
- Responsible for a large product and feature set, or multiple products. Influences business decisions and leads major work streams on key projects.
- Monitor key metrics related to product quality and drive initiatives to achieve related goals and improve product quality
- Review, investigate, and resolve complex technical member cases within the target SLAs
- Lead, organize and/or participate in cross team discussions, bringing in diverse perspectives and ensuring ideas are challenged respectfully.
- Lead team projects, define improvements and influence the direction of PTS team strategy with impact across the organization.
- Monitor and analyze reporting and dashboards to quickly identify issues and take corrective action when needed
- Report on escalation trends, top issues, and improvement opportunities
- Partner with Product & Engineering stakeholders to drive quality improvement initiatives and deliver the best member experience possible
- Attend key stakeholder meetings to continually provide awareness of new and ongoing issues as well as quality improvement initiatives
- Drive post mortems to identify process gaps and take corrective actions to prevent recurrences of similar issues
- Drive overall support readiness for new products and features
- BS/BE/B.Tech degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical fields
- 6+ years of experience in Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Product Operations, Product Management or related field
- Professional experience working with databases like SQL, Oracle or similar
- Professional experience with Unix command line and/or Unix shell scripting
- Professional experience with APIs or other web development technologies
- Familiarity AJAX
- Familiarity with cURL
- Programming skills in C++ or Java or Python
- Intermediate to advanced Hive, and Pig skills.
- Working knowledge of other business analytics tools (e.g., Tableau and Business Objects)
- Familiarity with issue management systems such as JIRA and Bugzilla
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk and Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate complex subjects to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to pull data directly, analyze large data sets, and identify business insights from data
- Strong results-orientation and direct experience in utilizing data to identify critical trends