Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist - Bodyside in Body Structures. They will work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers using creativity and teamwork to lead integreation of muliple systems in the most efficient way possible. Work closely with other stake owners and attribute owners across the company such as Vehicle Safety, CAE, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc. to creat world class design. Interact with the Design Studio to assess styling surface feasibility for world class vehicle body structures. Work closely with cross functional teams such as CAE by interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design. Work closely with the Manufacturing Team to ensure efficient process sequence and build quality.
- Responsible to lead the design and development of weight efficient BIW structural designs to deliver the highest level of performance in NVH, durability and crash performance from a blank page through to production
- Design with excellence at system and component level with great attention to every detail creating optimized for performance, size, weight, durability, and cost
- Create testing plan to prove out design concepts and conduct physical testing to confirm the design meets performance targets
- 8+ years of expertise in automotive Body Structures systems and sub-systems at OEM or supplier desired
- Experience working with Class A surface data
- Experience with castings, the extrusion process, stampings and their advantages and limitations
- Experience in full life cycle from concept to prototype to full production
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection with expectation of leading activities
- Solid track record of successful system level integration
- Proven 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly and production assembly with the willingness to assemble your own parts
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Detail oriented personality with a determined problem-solving attitude using an Engineering first principles approach
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes applicable for body structures such as castings, extrusions, cold and hot form stampings, their advantages, and limitations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent from ABET accredited institution or equivalent body structures automotive experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $138,000-$198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.