Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organizations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will be part of a Technical Support team for a new system with one of the top major professional sports leagues in the United States. This Secaucus, New Jersey-based role will be responsible for providing Technical support and training to remote system users. You will have to provide excellent customer service and technical expertise through the operation, escalation, and/or resolution of technical issues. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for sports looking to progress their career in IT.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Responds to questions and issues where first-line product support has not isolated or fix for users.
- Respond to queries via phone, email, or chat
- Help drive hardware/software operational set up at installation sites
- Use troubleshooting tools, content, and analytical practices to help determine best way to resolve problems
- Assist system users remotely or on-site for events as directed by line manager
- Ensure all issues are logged, tracked and resolved using the applicable service desk application
- Adhere to technical metrics ensuring that SLA’s are met
- Escalate issues as appropriate and work with the development team to address issues within the relevant SLA’s
- Assist in the creation of training material, help guides, installation guides, and other product support material
- Assist in an annual user training program ensuring all system users meet the minimum competency requirements
- Assist in developing internal documentation to support new features and procedures for product enhancements.
- Collaborate in testing and maintenance release deployments
- Other tasks as directed by the line manager
- A high school diploma with technical training
- 2 years of prior Technical Support experience
- Previous client service or helpdesk experience
- Working knowledge of basketball rules (further training can be provided)
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong client-facing and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An energetic, supportive and collaborative team player
- Able to work in shifts, with availability to work during evenings and weekends
- Basic System monitoring experience
- Experience using a ticket logging system, Service Now preferred
- Exceptional understanding of Windows OS, LAN/WAN connectivity, applications, hardware
- High level of time management skills, organizing capabilities
- Build and maintain a comprehensive understanding of system data structure, functionality, and design.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with meeting the challenges of tight deadlines and prioritizing workload
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- This position will involve 2nd shift work including weekend and holiday coverage.
- Travel is expected to be 25% or as needed.
- Experience with API (Application Programming Interface)
- Experience with Graphite monitoring and Graylog monitoring
- Exposure to Atlassian tools for support, documentation, and process
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)