As a Technical Support Engineer, you are an expert at solving customer problems. You’ll be part of an internal engineering team working with some of the largest and most advanced online performance marketers globally. You’ll be a vital component in ensuring world-class service to our customers.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills: you’ll serve as a vital link, translator and communicator between customers and our equally world-class product development team. Ideally, you love solving new problems and thrive in situations where there are several unknowns. Your heart beats for the customer and serving them with understanding and care. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Engineering team that develops our web application, Customer teams that serve our clients, and directly with end customers through our 24/5 in-app support chat. Your major responsibility will be making sure that the problems you address will not resurface. As a result, you’ll make the customer’s life easier as well as improve our core product. None of your days will be quite alike – exciting times guaranteed!
We're constantly looking for great talents to this position.
As a Technical Support Engineer at Smartly.io, you will
- Make sure that Smartly is known for the best-in-class service globally.
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses.
- Build technical expertise in Instagram & Pinterest and maintain a general awareness of other social channels Ads API as Smartly will continue to become multi-channel.
- Work with the technological challenges of world’s largest online advertisers.
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs.
- Handle support escalations.
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs.
- Perform tech-heavy investigations and resolve issues.
- Analyze, reproduce, prioritize, and document platform bugs.
- Improve documentation and help drive education about our platform.
- Help foster the product feedback loop through your experiences in support.
- Act with little direction and work quickly to identify and fix the root causes of problems.
- Assist and train your teammates in understanding & handling technical issues.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organisation.
- Have a competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of mandatory paid annual leave.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and Friday demos with beer.
We're definitely looking for you if you
- Are interested in working in a fast-paced online marketing domain and a willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals and an ability to learn new things quickly
- Have some technical background from modern web technologies like React or AngularJS through school, hobbies and or/working life context (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL)
- Have prior technical support experience in a customer facing role or at least a genuine interest to work closely with customers and solve their problems
- Are always looking to improve and automate - being “lazy” with manual tasks is a good quality. You can build your own tools to help you and the rest of the team
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other.
STEP 1 - Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead
STEP 2 - Assignment where you’ll solve a tech puzzle to showcase your technical problem solving skills
STEP 3 - Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your technical knowledge and passions with the team
STEP 4 - Product demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool
STEP 5 - Discussion with our leadership team
Who we are
Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We automate creative production and ad buying in one single platform.
We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 13 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to our company culture. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.