GTL & Telmate. Two technology leaders, one powerful opportunity.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
With the recent acquisition of Telmate, GTL has strengthened its suite of solutions for the corrections industry and expanded its community corrections portfolio with Telmate Guardian, a smartphone-based GPS monitoring solution. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to over 2 million inmates in more than 2,500 correctional facilities in the United States and Canada, including 33 U.S. departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and many large city/county/provincial facilities.
The Technical Support Representative Tier 1 will be responsible for ensuring customers receive world class support through efficient and successful problem resolution. The primary objective of this role will be responding to calls, emails and chats from our customers (correctional facilities) regarding Tier 1 technical needs, focusing on excellent service and first-call resolution when possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and manage trouble tickets from Team bucket. Escalate issues to the next level technician that cannot be resolved using current knowledge.
- Train with the team members to learn current and new product platforms.
- Communicate with the customers and provide reassurance that the issue is being properly addressed.
- Resolve customer issues through the use and application of break/fix method and solution documents.
- Ensure that customer and partner issues and concerns are resolved in a timely manner ensuring satisfaction; drive regular and proactive communication of customer issues to appropriate teams & departments within GTL as needed.
- Discuss technology in simple, every-day terms; manage multiple clients and open tickets simultaneously
- Maintain a constant focus on customer service through patient, thoughtful responses and a pleasant, engaging disposition at all times.
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience, ideally in a help-desk or technical support capacity
- Associate’s degree is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving abilities; demonstrable experience driving solutions via problem definition, data collection, trouble-shooting and analysis.
- Experience utilizing technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form.
- Technical skills include required proficiency in the following software:
- ----------Microsoft Windows OS
- ----------Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- ----------Microsoft Internet Explorer 8-11
- ----------Remote Desktop Software
- ----------Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (desired)
- ----------Linux and Unix operating systems (desired)
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.