As our Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting customers who call in for technical support related to supporting Safe Fleet Law Enforcement products and services. You will be an in-house technical expert who act as a resource for customers and Safe Fleet Law Enforcement staff. You will have strong problem resolution abilities and will be able to maintain strong relationships with customers to facilitate issue resolution and to secure longer-term business.
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution via phone, email, web and other electronic mediums
- Provide remote user training to new and existing customers
- Provide feedback on improvement opportunities based on current product behavior reported from customers
- Diagnose and configure customer equipment, software, and servers
- Provide high-level customer service in all situations
- Communicate technical terms in a non-technical format that our customers can understand for troubleshooting purposes
- Provide support and assistance on other service activities
- Follow workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Assist in the development of and contributes to future training documentation as required
- Coach, mentor, train and provide support for other technical support staff so they provide proper troubleshooting & resolutions to customers of Safe Fleet Law Enforcement’s products and services
You will have
- Certificate from college or technical school; or 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound technical knowledge of basic networking principles and wireless networks
- 1 year of experience working & administrating (patches, scripting & network administration) with Linux
- 1 year of technical support experience in a Help Desk or Technical Support Environment. Preferred knowledge of and experience with; technical support, microprocessor, digital and basic analog circuitry, & network principles
- 1 year of experience supporting Software & Windows Operating Systems
- Database administration experience (PostgreSQL preferable)
- Experience with server and workstation hardware.
- Knowledge of basic MS Access, SQL & Windows Server 2008-2016
- Proper phone etiquette with effective listening skills
- A good understanding of microprocessor & moderately complex digital and basic analog circuitry to the modular/component level
- Willingness to be on call during evening, weekends and scheduled holidays as part of a rotating on-call support schedule
SAFE FLEET owns a portfolio of brands committed to saving life and property, reducing accidents and improving employee efficiency and job satisfaction.
Our VISION is to be the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
COBAN Technologies and Mobile Vision are divisions of Safe Fleet specializing in Video Solutions. If chosen for this position, you will be joining the leading provider of body worn cameras and in-car video solutions. Our products are used by several of the largest police agencies in the USA. We capture, transfer, store and manage petabytes of video evidence utilizing the latest technologies, including wearables, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud SaaS, storage area networks, mobile applications, IP video, and video streaming.
This is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week.