Kernel is building world leading, non-invasive brain interface technology.
We are seeking an experienced freelance Technical Writer. This role will be responsible for creating a variety of user assistance documents for the assigned product and is perfect for anyone looking to combine their interest in cutting-edge technology with passion for writing.
Neuroscience is the new rocket science.
- Coordinate, write and/or edit content all Product Assembly Instruction Manuals to meet all deadlines required
- Efficiently write content that will easily guide assembly of essential pieces for users who are inexperienced
- Determine the needs of users for assembly and instruction manuals
- Edit material prepared by other writers or staff as it relates to product assembly and troubleshooting
- Responsible for working with teams to obtain accurate diagrams, photos and content for Assembly and Instruction manuals to formatting, to writing, and publishing to appropriate teams
- Creating manual templates in InDesign to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Create templates for key content that is repeated through manuals – example ‘Warranty’ template, Contact template, Caution template, and for different product categories as necessary to ensure information is easily accessible and pulled for updates
- Maintain all proper filing of instruction, troubleshooting and such content
- Continuously track and document changes made in documentation and any additional changes needed to be made
- 2+ years of experience as Technical Content Writing to include instruction and assembly manuals and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, HTML, InDesign (Expert Level), Word, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and other project management, editing software
- Ability to determine and write the proper way to assemble and instruct consumers on how to put products together
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced office environment
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.