Who are we?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
Who You Are:
You are a talented Technical Writer who can create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. You will be a core part of the systems team, working closely with engineering, product marketing, and customer enablement to create resources that don’t just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user. Customer performance is critical to our products and the tools you will build will create a powerful impact on adoption.
What You’ll Do:
The Technical Writer, will:
- Gain an understanding of the product’s end-to-end system design and interfaces, through conversations with various engineering departments
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.).
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation across the company
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
- Take that feedback back to engineering such as to improve overall useability of the product in an iterative fashion over the product lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Technical Journalism, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Writing, Teaching, Scientific Publication or the equivalent in professional experience
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years experience as a technical writer in the context of communication devices requiring an outdoor and indoor installation aspect
- Knowledge of documentation publication software (eg Adobe RoboHelp, MadCap, Ektron, IBM, SDL pic, Whatfix )
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Ability to work in a team
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre
ALL.SPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying disability, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We base all hiring decisions on candidate qualifications and business needs.