The Technology Consultant serves as a critical problem solver and creative thinker within Nerdery’s Strategy & Consulting organization. Nerdery Technology Consultants are instrumental in the consulting, set-up, estimation, direction, and visioning for consulting engagements and software development projects. As a strategic leader, we expect the Technology Consultant to actively lead and engage in collaborative sessions with client stakeholders and key Nerdery team members across design, strategy, technology, and delivery.
Additionally, the Technology Consultant is a role that will often be called to travel in support of sales opportunities and client engagements. A typical workload for a Technology Consultant will likely include a broad array of clients at stages of Sales (15%) and the early stages of Delivery (~45% time), supporting ongoing client engagements (~30%) and supporting the growth and mentorship of current and future strategy talent (~10%).
- Analyzing a client’s IT system and infrastructure to meet expanded needs, diagnose system problems, and create recommendations to address gaps
- Planning a timeline for completion of projects
- Defines technology solutions and capabilities according to client and project needs. Evaluates technical solutions and makes optimal technical decisions to meet functional, non-functional, and critical client requirements.
- Works independently within a matrixed organization, communicating and working with product, application development and technology teams (network, infrastructure, and application security teams) as required to break client goals and outcomes into concrete, actionable phases and tasks
- Acts as a mentor, consistently shares experiences and best practices with other strategists, technologists, and project team members
- Creation of reusable tools and frameworks to facilitate efficient client execution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and DevSecOps processes and tools to support modernization and digital transformation engagements
- A foundational understanding of common architectural patterns
- Generates deliverables, including, but not limited to: capability assessments, conceptual architectures and data models, technical roadmaps, sequence diagrams, product selection fit/gap analysis, application and process flows
- BS Degree required, MBA advantageous, and 5-7 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience ensuring project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Experience with requirements interpretation, as well as the documentation of data flows and creation of system diagrams.
- Understanding of software development (including testing) methodologies, and cross-functional experience throughout various life-cycle phases
- Cloud technology and Web Service Integration experience
- Analytical mind with strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts
- Inquisitive self-starter and team contributor with strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Secure coding and cybersecurity implementations
- Cloud architecture experience
- Identity and access management
- Experience building solutions in a Regulatory and Compliance environment