Title: TechOps - Senior TechOps Engineer
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Sound box, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team: We have Fastag Issuer System and Fastag Acquirer System. Fastag Issuer System handles issuances of new Fastags and toll charge deduction. The Fastag Acquirer System handles transactions which happen at toll plaza.
About the role: As a TechOps Engineer you will troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve customer impacting issues with a focus on detecting patterns and working with the engineering development andor product teams to eliminate defects. The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical, communication and problem solving skills. This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success.
· 3 + years of relevant experience in Applications & Production Support.
· 2+ years of experience in Linux.
· 1+ years of experience in SQL.
· 2+ years of experience in scripting python, shell and bash.
· Participate in the maintenance of software applications.
· Responsible for debugging the reported issues and performing the root cause analysis.
· Responsible for deployment of Java based applications.
· Implement robust monitoring and alerting system and optimize for scale and performance
· Responsible for automating manual recurring tasks.
Skills that will help you succeed in this role: -
· Good knowledge of SQL.
· Good knowledge of Linux environment
· Knowledge of bash/Shell Scripting.
· Basic knowledge of Java.
· Understanding of GIT and release management process and tools.
· Ability to balance and prioritize work.
· Strong analytical and debugging skills.
· Excellent multitasking skills and communication skills - both verbal and written.
· Ability to understand architectural designs.
· Ability to work under high-pressure and agile environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Open to work in weekends/non-working hours whenever required
Why join us
· Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
· You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
· You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
· We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you with enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!