Install, repair and maintain all Telecommunications equipment including, but not limited to: Radios, Digital Microwave (MW), and Radio Frequency (RF) Data Link Equipment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Install, assemble, repair, adjust, test, and maintain telecommunications equipment such as wired and wireless telecommunications systems devices, microwave, automatic equipment identification (AEI) systems, IP Networks, VoIP, Cameras, Radio Frequency (RF) Communications systems, Voice & Data communications, front and end of train devices, and soldering electrical/electronic components.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for this position. This is not an exhaustive list of the position's duties.
- Extreme all-weather conditions
- Walk and perform work on uneven surfaces
- Safety sensitive work environment
- Loud noise and fumes
- Work on and around heavy and moving machinery
- Headquartered location with travel and work within assigned geographic area
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to report for duty at the designated work location
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work indoors primarily at a work bench, equipment bay, installation garage or Radio Frequency (RF) transmission facility
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow
- Possess a valid state issued driver's license
- Experience doing soldering work
- Able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams and schematics
- 2 years minimum of verifiable electronics experience or post-high school training
- Able to use hands and use hand tools to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Able to climb on/off equipment
- Able to occasionally work on top of locomotives and other equipment
- Able to bend, walk, stand and sit occasionally with breaks
- Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
- Must successfully complete company-administered Fall Protection Training
Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed