SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
• Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain Layer 1 infrastructure and distribution
• Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain network infrastructure and distribution to IP based hardware (Layer 2)
• Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain all video hardware (IP, analog, PTZ, SDI, etc…)
• Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain site communications systems
• Responsible for interfacing with contractors for construction phase of Layer 1 deployments.
• Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain access control systems
• Install and configure all auxiliary hardware for network rack deployments (Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Power Distribution Units, Automation Transfer Switches, etc…)
• Create all required documentation (schematics, lists, etc.)
• And other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
• Associates of Applied Science degree in Computer Networking Systems, Telecommunications, or related field (3+ years of relevant field experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
• Minimum of 1 Fiber Installation and Termination Certification: Corning Fiber Installation (CFI), Corning Fiber Testing & Troubleshooting (CFTT) or Corning Fiber Design (CFD)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Proficient manual electronic skills such as soldering, insulation and wiring, splicing, fiber optic fusion splicing, and component selection
• Intermediate knowledge on low voltage DC power distribution
• Experience implementing hardware in harsh environments: outdoor implementation, high temperature environments, thermal and mechanical shock, equipment vibration isolation
• Possess a strong fundamental understanding of IP configurable hardware devices, such as cameras, intercom systems, and digital matrix systems
• Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD systems
• 2+ years of experience with Electronic Access Control Device installation
• General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware is typically built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required, also the ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (> 50lbs.)
• Ability to perform job duties that required standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand
• Ability to work at elevated heights
• Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments- heat, cold, rain
• Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
• Must be available for OT and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs. Flexibility is required.
• Overtime is frequently required for particular tasks or test series
• Ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment and adjust quickly to rapidly changing priorities
• Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.