Position Level: Manager
Position Status: Permanent
Activity Rate: 100%, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Grade: Level D on the MSF Canada Salary Grid, $79,057 per year
Status: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Benefits: Health Spending Account, Lifestyle Spending Account, group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D), Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.), 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required), starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, flexible work hours, annual professional development budget, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), free access to internal Psychosocial Care Unit Services and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results.
The Growth Lead will expand and amplify Telemedicine Program’s impact across the globe. By connecting with our projects, building up rapport across MSF medical operations, and innovating how we approach service delivery, the Growth Lead will direct the implementation of Telemedicine Services, converting users into ambassadors. The Growth Lead will use data analytics and testing to learn from Telemedicine’s users, increasing their engagement. They will also support the Growth Team so that implementers are consistent and well-equipped the team can harmonize services across regions globally.
- Expand and amplify services usage and access across and within projects internationally
- Test and analyze data from stakeholders to convert it into strategies for growing services through a user engagement framework
- Direct the implementation team to form strong relationships with each project to enhance communication, feedback, and support
- Set a service standard with the Growth Team so they are empowered to apply their skills to harmonize operations delivery in all regions
- Develop, implement, and refine communication and engagement strategies for Telemedicine services to gain greater traction with current and potential users
- Coordinate with Operations and Innovation Teams to continue to improve the entirety of the Telemedicine experience for users
- Promote the full suite of Telemedicine services in all potential mediums
- Manage day to day operations in the arenas of leadership, performance empowerment, training, recruitment, strategic and annual planning, budgets, and other high-level planning and growth
Please CLICK HERE for complete description.
Job Specific Competencies
- Relationship Building: engage with individual projects and users to facilitate greater transparency; devise new methods of engagement
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving; collection of case data from projects and transforming it into new growth strategies; ability to envision new solutions to scale up TM access and usage; performing tests to assess efficacy of new strategies
- Market Strategies and Features; strategize outside of current paradigms; find new ways of advertising telemedicine’s features
- Oversight and People Management
Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Acts towards the fulfilment of MSF’s Social Mission: Proficiency Level 2
Cross-cultural Awareness; Demonstrates an integrating attitude: Proficiency Level 3
Analytical Thinking; Makes complex plans and/or analyses: Proficiency Level 4
Strategic Vision: Plans Actions Geared Toward Achieving Objectives: Proficiency Level 3
Results and Quality Orientation; Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals: Proficiency Level 3
Initiative and Innovation; Looks ahead and creates opportunities for improvement within the MSF frame: Proficiency Level 3
- People Management and Development; Works on the growth and development of team members: Proficiency Level 3
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the project life cycles
- Experience translating data from statistical points to actionable objectives
- Experience developing scalable models for growth of operations in various environmental, cultural, and social contexts
- Experience iterating on communication strategies to optimize rapport and cooperation with stakeholders
- Experience in risk management as part of the iterative development process
Education, Certifications, and Languages
- Fluency in English is essential
- Conversational French very desirable
- Conversational Spanish or Arabic would be an asset
Interested candidates are invited to apply by providing their resume and responding to online application questions (in lieu of providing a cover letter).
The deadline for applications is Monday, 13 December 2021, 9:00am, EST. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
NOTE: Any questions or concerns regarding accommodation and accessibility may be addressed to [email protected] or by calling 1-800-982-7903.