WNYC is seeking a news-minded and digitally savvy social media/digital coordinator to engage a national audience for a live radio program that will air from January 23rd to early May.
To be a successful candidate, you must be innovative, possess excellent news judgment, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, a passion for politics, have experience running social feeds, updating the CMS, basic HTML knowledge, and working with partners. You must be passionate about the power of social media to drive engagement and meaning conversation. Strong organizational skills and the willingness to work nights is a must.
The Coordinator will work closely with the teams producing the radio series, a digital editor, a graphic designer, and others in the newsroom.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Content Strategy and Executive Producer of the series
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executing the predetermined strategy for the national broadcast which includes: live tweeting Mondays-Thursday from 8pm-9pm EST, building asset packages for partner stations in order to amplify promotional efforts around the series, update the weekly newsletter, update the series splash page, and assist the digital producer update episode pages in the CMS
- Tracking the reach and engagement of the series, and delivering a weekly
- Creating multimedia assets, including video, GIFS and interactives
- Attending weekly series meeting on Friday afternoons to plan for the week ahead
- Working closely with programming to script on-air social media call-outs for engagement purposes
- 1+ years of experience in a news organization
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Excitement for audience engagement projects and enthusiasm for understanding new methods of storytelling and promotion on social media
- Experience planning and executing social campaigns
- Exceptionally strong headline writing chops
- Expert user of Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Live, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and most major social media platforms
- Hands-on experience using and acting on data collected from key analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights and others
- Basic understanding of HTML and experience with content management systems
- Basic understanding of Photoshop