We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Engineering team!
While this description is meant to give you an idea of how we see the role, it is not meant to be all-inclusive. As we re-open and adjust our service offerings and model, additional responsibilities may be asked of you to meet the ongoing operational needs.
What you'll do ...
- Responding to engineering requests and work orders in a timely and professional manner
- Monitoring the BMS system and the hotels electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
- Assist with ordering tools and equipment as well and inventory control
- Seeking continual improvement for the department and hotel
- Performing roof to basement walk throughs along with guest room audits looking for signs of necessary preventative maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency
- Comply with all the policies, procedures and regulations that relate to the local, state and federal laws
- Test and ensure cooling tower water are within the correct levels
- Ensure we are compliant with all FDNY regulations
- Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges
- Lend a hand to not only guests but your colleagues and team alike - we’ve always been in it together, but as we re-open even more so than before
What we're looking for ...
- You have several years of related Engineering experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’ll take safety seriously and follow all fire & security procedures, health & safety standards, and ensure you’re working in a safe manner at all times
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You’re flexible and open to lending a hand where needed, especially as we navigate this new environment
- You want to join a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you ...
- Join a young, fast-growing company committed to not just building hotels but building a global brand
- PTO, great healthcare, competitive salary & tips, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning opportunities to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Regular team get togethers – we know how to have a good time!
The Hoxton, Williamsburg
We brought the Hox way to North America with The Hoxton, Williamsburg, located on the site of the Rosenwach water tank factory, the maker of the iconic NYC water towers. It has 175 rooms, three restaurants, a rooftop with stunning views of Manhattan, lively public spaces, and our meetings & events concept, The Apartment, which can be booked for work or play.