At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
Perfecting the right formula for competitive pricing is a high priority of the accommodation business unit. It is an interesting business challenge for the Pricing organisation to take on. Offering attractive rates and deals globally through monitoring of relevant prices in the market, creating deal events or discounting rates with Booking.com funds. Loyalty is essential and to ensure this, we have the Genius programme that is constantly fine-tuned.
To achieve all this, we work towards a solid software quality strategy to ensure the highest quality in all our projects. This is where you come in!
This is a fantastic opportunity for strong QA professional with automation skills that can craft the long term automation vision from scratch, in line with the business requirements and produce scenarios that can be replicated across different business areas.
You will collaborate closely with Software Quality specialists, Developers, Product Owners, Principals and different influencers in the internal tech community to nurture an automation mindset. So from a software quality perspective, the ultimate goal is to provide a frictionless and bug-free user experience of the Booking.com website, mobile sites, apps and internal systems.
- Embed automation testing in the development process, where applicable;
- Support the CI/CD efforts, proposes test automation tooling and infrastructure and work with developers to build and maintain it;
- Actively contribute to the tech strategy by providing valuable insights on test automation and software quality in general;
- Stay up to date with new test automation technology and plan strategically for possible changes;
- Sometimes you will go technically deep and write automated tests that are resilient to changes in the applications UI;
- Become the ‘Go to’ person for the test automation topic for both business and tech stakeholders;
- Working with development teams to understand the business needs and identify the quality requirements;
- You keep your cool and see possible outages as a critical learning opportunity to improve;
- Inspire developers, Designers and Product Owners to be quality conscious by providing extensive trainings and workshops about testing culture and best practices;
- Plan and prioritise the different strategies according to business needs;
- Evaluate our internal testing tools and introduce new ones in order to improve ROI;
- Proven track record of developing automation strategies and driving successful technical initiatives that improved performance and quality in a large scale environment;
- You have experimented with different test frameworks and automation tools, (open-source preferred) and are able to choose the right ones according to the different trade-offs;
- Hands on experience with writing automated tests that are reusable, maintainable and most of all resilient in a fast paced development environment;
- Skilled in different server-side and client-side programming languages ( JS/ Java/Python/Perl);
- You have worked on improving the experience of web applications, distributed systems and product(s) that impact millions of customers;
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Experience mentoring and training other developers on software quality topics;
- A resourceful ‘can do’ mindset focused on solutions and results:
- Strong work ethic;
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide;
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture;
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment;
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community;
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in last year alone!
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.