SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Test Technician – Dragon Spacecraft
- Production Test Support for Structural Tests of Flight Hardware.
- Layout, fabrication, assembly, and installation of experimental and production flight hardware for master mock-ups, full scale operating models, and test assembles.
- Repair or replacement of flight hardware due to engineering design changes and test failures.
- Bending and fabrication of stainless steel tubing used for hydraulic fluid and pneumatic lines for test.
- Extensive experience in structural assembly a plus, would be able to mate, drill flight component parts made of all types of materiel’s such as Aluminum, Steel and Composites, etc. can develop tooling such as form blocks, drill jigs and shop aids.
- Have ability to set up and run Mill and Lathe and can also use a verity of pneumatic hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience developing tooling such as form blocks, drill jigs, and shop aids.
- Experience setting up and running a Mill and Lathe.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience utilizing pneumatic hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Extensive experience in structural assembly.
- Operating high pressure test carts for pneumatic testing.
- Experience running tests with Labview is a plus.
- Some college classwork.
- Knowledge/experience with actuators, plumbing (Hydraulic/Pneumatic – both set up and operation of these systems).
- Knowledge/experience with pressure syste-ms-cryogenic (gaseous and liquid).
- Knowledge/experience with hydrostatic systems.
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and/or systems.
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed. Up to 5% travel.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.