Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of mechanical, optical, aerospace and electrical engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for the aerospace, defense, entertainment, commercial, consumer, and medical industries. We support our clients with advanced mechanical, optical, aerospace and electrical design, analysis, optimization, test, prototype development, and manufacturing using modern CAD and CAE tools and leveraging our clean room laboratories.
We are looking for Thermal Analysis Engineers in positions ranging from Project Engineer to Technical Lead / Project Manager in our San Diego office to join our growing team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates thermal (heat transfer & fluids) analytical models using CAD/CAE software
- Performs thermal analysis including steady state, transient, & on-orbit solutions. Ideally has additional experience with advanced features (articulation, automation of temperature mapping, multi-phase, orbit definition)
- Leads analysis-driven design efforts
- Experience with or willingness to learn structural finite element analysis & STOP (structural, thermal, optical performance) analysis
- Presents findings to the project team, company or customer
- Creates reports to document analysis results and conclusions
- Delegate and review work for more junior engineers
- Write proposals and assist with sales and business development efforts
- Documents work using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical or similar Engineering field and/or equivalent experience
- 2 -10 years of work experience with heavy emphasis on Thermal Analysis
- Experience in optical systems, on-orbit thermal analysis, and TVAC testing is highly desirable
- >5 years of experience in Thermal Desktop is required
- Experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following additional commercial thermal analysis tools is highly desirable: Maya ESC/TMG, NX Thermal, STK, SINDA, NASTRAN, I-DEAS or other widely used commercial code
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#, Java, or another programming language is desireable
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident).
- Successful candidates must be positive team players who are committed to excellence
- Must be able to communicate effectively -- in written and verbal format
- Must be able to take direction for job functions
- Must be willing to learn new skills, software packages and general engineering knowledge
- Must be able to manage own schedule and technical work product
Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match. Quartus is an equal opportunity employer.