Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 800+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation.
We're seeking a motivated Tier 1 Product Support Specialist to join our tight-knit team. Our business is saving lives, and we take our role in that seriously. You’ll be working with a team, supporting Grand Rounds employees and the world’s best physicians with the tools they need to deliver patient success.
We are a fast growing company which means there are always new changes and challenges to solve. Our startup roots mean we favor solving problems from within and leveraging the knowledge and talents of our team. We don't just expect our users to "turn it off and back on again;" we keep the teams we support productive and tools running smoothly by solving problems and not just addressing symptoms.
We put just as much value in growing the skills of our team through frequent opportunities for project and team leadership. If you’re interested in being challenged to solve new problems, not just fire-fighting repeat issues, you’ll be a great fit!
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Learn and understand the Patient Care Team workflow and daily interactions with our product
- Gain an understanding of the tools that we use for troubleshooting and begin diagnosing a variety of issues
- Learn our procedures for setup and configuration of our phones system and tools
- Gain an understanding of our network and office systems
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Assist with documenting product workflows and use-cases for our knowledge base
- Assist with provisioning for new hires
- Independently handle incoming Product Support tickets and resolutions
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Take an active role in managing the Product Support ticket queues
- Become part of the after-hours on-call support team on a rotating schedule
- Solve problems and provide scalable solutions to our desktop users
- Resolve issues for Patient Care Team on our proprietary application
- Provide support to our Expert users on our proprietary application
- Track issues through a ticket queue and ensure prompt resolution
- Manage software tools for our Patient Care team
- 1-2 years experience in a desktop support/help desk or similar support role
- Terrific deskside manner; and an ability to support users without alienating them
- Solid proficiency with Mac OSX required, some experience with Windows, and Ubuntu Linux preferred
- Understanding and familiarity with cloud based platforms: Google GSuite, Box, Jira, etc.
- Strong prioritization skills to ensure the highest levels of support to the business and each user
- Effective communication skills and the ability to translate “geek” to something that end users can easily understand both in conversation and in written format
- Ability to problem solve to determine and fix root-causes
- Experience working in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Ability to maintain flexible hours to provide support for US offices in multiple time-zones
The ideal candidate would be able to work 9am - 6pm PST.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.